Piñata Farms is a team of 25 who have been responsible for some of the biggest cultural and tech successes of the last 10 years, spanning mobile, social, video, AR, gaming and music. We are backed by the top Silicon Valley VC's and some of the most influential strategic investors in media, tech, and pop culture. We have been quietly building this company for over a year and are currently in beta with very promising early engagement metrics and strong buzz in the high school and college communities ahead of our launch this fall. Our app is a completely novel creative video platform and will be the next great cultural phenomenon -- in fact, you may have already seem some of our work racking up millions of views for Diplo, Marshmello, Kendrick Lamar’s team, Benny Blanco, Lil Dicky, the Jonas Bros…even getting even getting this comment from “🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣” from LeBron.
While we are staying confidential about our product until launch this Summer, our mission is driven from behavioral research into how today’s connected communities work. From our insider’s view of digital media and social communities, we’ve helped establish new norms and know what’s coming next. More than half of our team is dedicated to developing novel and proprietary computer vision technologies that differentiates us from the same old commoditized and shallow video apps. We’ve brought the best technologists and best people in pop culture together - PF will change the mobile video game forever.
We are looking for a UI/UX Designer to lead Design for the company, who knows what it takes to to design apps from the ground up, has impeccable taste, and a keen undestanding of modern design principles. This role will work closely with our Product and Engineering teams to deliver high quality and considerate experiences to our users.
- Contribute to all aspects of design and execution, including pitching your ideas, designing the feature (visual design, interaction design, and prototyping), and partnering with engineering and product to implement your vision
- Capable of acting as a Product Manager when needed
- Lead product design on projects from inception to delivery on the web and mobile
- Help define the short and long-term roadmap for products
- Look back in two years and be able to say “I was there when it started”
- Proficiency in Figma, Sketch, Principle App, Framer, Adobe Suite, and more
- Internal tools
- Understanding of complex workflows designed to scale across diverse platforms
- Large scale apps
- Media-intensive apps
- Communication and/or Social apps
Small team moving fast. All of the ownership with none of the BS.
Location: Remote for 2020, Los Angeles for 2021