Lead Frontend Developer (Paris or Remote)
Piepacker is a cloud social gaming platform. We recreate the feeling of playing old school console and arcade games in your living room, but now online and with friends. Our platform adds a new social dynamic to the experience through video chat, snapchat’s style 3D filters and new game modes like battle royale.
At Piepacker, we challenge ourselves daily to build a beautiful, slick platform that is dead simple to use, deliver top notch gaming quality and all around a great social experience. From game-changing user interfaces to the latest in cloud gaming engineering, we use powerful new technologies coupled with world-class design to deliver evolved solutions.
As we scale, we are putting together a team of creative, strategic, and user-driven engineers that share in our belief that social gaming can be fast, fluid, beautiful, and delightful to use.
We are led by an experienced team of ex Facebook, Google, Twitter, Amazon, Docker, EA, and other top tech companies. Piepacker is a YCombinator company and backed by top VC firms.
We’re looking for a lead developer who is a proven leader, highly technical, and extemely user experience focused. The role involves building and leading a new team, interfacing closely with design, architecting and implementing features, and being a strong advocate for the user.
Requirements for the role include
- Obsession for building and shipping amazing user experiences
- Experience feature development in close collaboration with design
- Expert knowledge of TypeScript
- Expert with React and Redux
- Familiarity with test-driven development (Jest, Puppeteer, etc.)
- Familiarity with Git and GitHub
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills (English)
- Passion for shaping and scaling an early stage, user-first application
- Previous remote-work experience
Experience that would be great for you to have (or you'd be excited about acquiring)
- Working knowledge of Storybook
- Previous startup/growth-stage experience
- Google's Firebase, particularly Firestore, NoSQL
- Google's GCP Suite including Google Endpoints
- Unlimited vacations (minimum 5 weeks)
- Monthly wellbeing allowance (mental help, sport, massage, etc.)
- Competitive health insurance plans
- Equal maternity and paternity leave (18 weeks)
- Maternity/Paternity grant of $3k
- Home office allowance
- Fully remote
- Relocation plan for employees willing to relocate near a cluster of employees
- Stock option plan
- Equal pay policy
- Flexible working hours
- Extra benefits depending on the geographical location (tickets restaurant, holiday allowance, etc.)