We are looking for a broadly experienced Senior Gameplay Engineer to work on an all-original new IP. We strive to work in nimble, empowered teams that are aligned around bringing players together through deep multiplayer games. People are our most important asset, and we look for each new person to add to our mosaic culture. Our goal is to be a place where a diverse group of driven, collaborative, and empathetic developers can do their best work.
The successful candidate must have strong C++ skills and have a passion for problem solving in an R&D environment. The applicant must have experience developing high performance, robust gameplay features for a networked game. They will work collaboratively with the design team in order to deliver the best gameplay experience possible. They must have demonstrated experience owning the development of gameplay features and/or systems, from technical design, to implementation, to maintenance. This engineer will be an advocate within Phoenix Labs. They will be self directed and able to identify opportunities in line with product and company goals.
- Design, prototype, implement and polish gameplay features and supporting systems.
- Produce tools or debug features to help designers or programmers polish gameplay features.
- Analyze and mitigate risk in the gameplay development schedule.
- Consult with other Engineers and Designers on the team to change, adapt or refactor systems as required.
- Coordinate with other teams to enhance existing systems or build new systems together.
- Work closely with QA and technical leadership to ensure the stability of game features and systems.
- 7+ years of software experience in the games industry.
- Highly proficient in C++.
- Excellent problem solving abilities.
- Has been responsible for driving the vision, backlog, and development of a large system or area of a previous game.
- Driven and self-motivated.
- Deep knowledge of at least one of the following areas: AI, animation, combat systems, network optimization, or metagame systems.
- Experience implementing game features in a multiplayer environment.
- Strong debugging and optimization skills in a multi-threaded environment.
- Excellent communication skills and comfortable working closely with designers and content developers both local and remote.
- Familiar with and excited by multiplayer games.
- Familiar with console development.
- Good knowledge of UE4 and Blueprints.
- Live service experience.
Who we are:
At Phoenix Labs, we make games because we love them, and we love the way they inspire us, bring us together, and enrich our lives.
Our mosaic community of game developers is united by shared values and a singular mission: Do the best work of our careers creating timeless games, powered by trust, courage, and an unwavering regard for players and each other.
Phoenix Labs have studios located in Vancouver, Montreal, Los Angeles, and San Mateo. We are backed by Garena, our long-time partner in Southeast Asia.