(Closed) Social Media & Marketing Coordinator
Under Comcast Spectacor, the Spectacor Gaming team is shaping the future of Esports and video game related entertainment. For the position of Social Media & Marketing Coordinator, we are looking for the right applicant to help us build and maintain the social community for an exciting digital-first brand: The Philadelphia Fusion of The Overwatch League.
The ideal candidate is a passionate social content expert who has the ability to evolve and maintain a creative/authoritative voice for the brand. They'll be asked to manage a calendar of posts/messages/promotions, ideate and execute upon creative content pitches and work with a Supervising Producer to oversee the overall social content strategy.
Must have strong interpersonal and excellent writing skills with a deep understanding of digital audiences, platforms and consumer behavior. In addition, responsibilities include uploading and scheduling content in a methodical manner, incorporating market trends and best practices into creative development, ensuring the current community is encouraged and engaged, and sourcing and leveraging data to analyze and act upon.
This job will be located in Philadelphia, PA and reports into the Head of Production and Content Operations, Spectacor Gaming
- Produce short video content and photography, create memes, banter, graphics, and digital assets across all major social media platforms to drive engagement and brand awareness
- Oversee weekly/monthly/annual content calendar(s) and execute against key dates and moments
- Contribute to the creative development of team content and social-first initiatives
- Manage, stimulate, and build communities across Discord, Instagram, Reddit, Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube
- Communicate live match coverage for the Philadelphia Fusion and Fusion University teams through clipping in-game highlights, scorecards, and other creative methods
- Stay up-to-date with best practices for each platform on which team brands have a significant presence, in addition to social trends, in-jokes, and the like
- Aggregate and review analytics from multiple resources to present insights into the usage, performance, and success of social initiatives
- Plan and actuate partnership and sponsorship obligations across all social platform
- Assist with all marketing events as needed
- Bachelor’s degree, 3+ years of running social accounts and strategy and/or marketing experience
- Highly creative thinker
- Able to perform well under pressure, handle rapid changes in schedule, and crisis management from a PR perspective
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, start-up environment with a high volume workload
- Passion for Overwatch esports and professional gaming culture
- Experience on Discord is a huge plus
- Proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite (specifically After Effects, Premiere Pro, and Photoshop)
- Exceptional writing and communication skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.