(Closed) Manager of Development
Under Comcast Spectacor, the Spectacor Gaming team is shaping the future of Esports and video game related entertainment. For the position of Manager of Development, we are looking for the right applicant to help us build out a slate of new programs. The ideal candidate is an experienced junior development executive to help develop unscripted and scripted series for various digital platforms.
The ideal candidate has experience in giving creative guidance and feedback to talent in regards to outlines, scripts, and post development. Must have strong interpersonal skills and deep relationships within the industry, and excellent creative instincts on material. For this role, we are seeking someone who can apply their comprehensive knowledge of digital programming landscape and to identify new talent & opportunities.
- Contribute to programming strategy for originals
- Coordinate and collaborate with Spectacor Gaming team
- Build relationships with show creators and creative community
- Help assess live streaming proposals, outlines, and pitches
- Assist with talent to develop series ideas and scripts
- Supervise production when series are greenlit
- Familiar with Discord, YouTube, Twitch, Caffeine, etc., a plus
- Knowledge of the video game space a plus, but not necessary
This job will be located in Los Angeles and reports into the Head of Creative, Spectacor Gaming.
Bachelor's degree, 3+ years of digital development experience, including scripted and unscripted series development. Fluent in English. Other languages welcome and appreciated.
- Knowledge of the digital and media industry
- Experience working at either a digital platform, broadcast or cable television network
- Has a network of producers and artists
- Self-motivated, passionate, and able to work well in a team and alone
- Ability to work in fast-paced, start-up environment with a high volume workload
- Strong writing and excellent communication skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.