Senior Product Manager
The Product Manager 3 is expected to actively manage our product lines from start to finish, communicating across teams (both in the US and internationally), to grow revenue and develop successful and profitable accessory products. This position has a high degree of autonomy and is expected to choose the strategic direction of complete product lines. PM3 acts a mentor, coach and leader for the PM team.
DAY TO DAY DUTIES:
- Provide creative input and criticism of products / projects as a senior member of the product development team
- Define product strategy and roadmap for a category of SKUs from concept to manufacture to first shipment
- Deliver MRDs and PRDs with prioritized features and corresponding justification
- Input and maintain critical product details in PLM product database
- Set and maintain pricing to meet revenue and profitability goals
- Drive/Update/Present product schedule and timelines to various internal and external stakeholders – Sales, Operations, Product Development
- Manage and motivate across functional team of engineers, marketers, graphic designers, other PMs to ensure the products successful on time and on budget completion
- Mentor and supervise PM1 and/or PM2 (as assigned)
- Give feedback and periodic Performance Reviews
- Mentor with knowledge and experience you have gained
- Develop the core positioning and messaging for the product
- Perform product demos to internal and external customers / stakeholders
- Develop sales tools and collateral
- Work with external third parties to assess partnerships and licensing opportunities
- Possess general understanding in the areas of product development, manufacturing process, and industry safety standards.
- Minimize our exposure and risk on products by working closely with Engineering and QA/QC teams.
- Use revenue models, Cost Analysis, Tool Plans, and Bill of Materials and make decisions accordingly.
- Maintain awareness of competitive landscape, new and emerging technologies and the potential application.
- Travel 10-20% (both domestically and internationally)
- Minimum 7+ years of experience working as a product manager or developer in the CE industry
- Bachelor or Technical Degree in Industrial Design or Mechanical Engineering preferred
- Extensive experience in manufacturing products in China
- Solid communicating and writing skills, familiar with all Microsoft’s business programs