Lead Data Scientist
The Lead Data Scientist will use data science and analytics practices to address business challenges and provide recommendations. You will work collaboratively with the other teams (e.g., UA, Marketing, Business Development, Game Operations, and Game Development) to support and enable growth for the company through the use of data. You should have the desire to lead and learn from others and know how to think strategically to execute and deliver on big ideas. The Lead Data Scientist will be a strong communicator, good at predictive modeling, have a talent for simplifying analytic outputs and demonstrate sound business judgement.
Responsibilities & Job Duties
- Build machine learning algorithms that discover and answer challenging business questions
- Manage a team of professional data scientists and data analysts to create actionable insights and business intelligence for our business, and that inform company strategy and team execution
- Create compelling, persuasive presentation materials to communicate key learning, and recommendations to the stakeholders clearly and concisely
- Set the strategy and road map for the Analytics team. Assess high-impact business opportunities and partner with other leaders to understand their analytical needs and then develop reports/dashboards that meet those needs.
- Track and analyze large amounts of data to discover meaningful trends and present to key stakeholders of the organization on a weekly basis
- Provide reliable and insightful data on user acquisition, media cost, attribution and expected player retention so PWE can acquire more of the right kind of player.
- Provide data and actionable insights on player engagement and campaign performance across messaging channels and the website.
- Partner with data engineers to develop models that can increase the effectiveness of our acquisition & retention marketing, predict churn and player behavior, and increase the accuracy of forecasts and performance reports
- Support marketing team with reporting, analytical insights and make strategic recommendations related to the media performance and marketing support for each market and campaign
- Identify player trends and recommend data-driven responses to help guide strategy and decision making for market expansion, customer & revenue growth
- Devise and run A/B tests to directly and indirectly drive KPI improvements
- Support game development teams with in-game analytics and reporting, provide valuable insights related to player behavior, progression, game economy, item drop and other in-game activities
- Assist in the development of new reporting standards and methods for all aspects of the organization
- Manage dashboards and analytics that communicate status and evaluate the effectiveness of promotions, offers and campaigns
- Stay abreast of industry trends and innovative developments.
- Hands-on expertise in predictive modeling, report and dashboard design
- Strong experience developing and implementing statistical analysis and machine learning models
- Experience building highly customized reports and developing creative solutions to apply business logic
- MS/BS degree in Statistics, Mathematics, CS or related field, or equivalent professional experience
- 4+ years of relevant experience with a proven track record of leveraging analytics and large amounts of data to drive significant business impact
- Strong experience reading and writing SQL
- Strong experience developing dashboards and reports using Tableau
- Experience with big data software and techniques
- Background in gaming analysis, passion for video games
- Ability to manage, recruit and scale highly productive analytics teams
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Proven ability to develop marketing narratives and effectively communicate recommendations to related stakeholders
- Proven success defining and launching excellent products.