VFX Artist Intern
PerBlue is seeking an aspiring Visual Effects (VFX) Artist Intern to join our team for the summer of 2021. We’re a growing independent studio whose free-to-play midcore mobile games have been played by millions people around the world, including the award-winning Disney Heroes: Battle Mode.
Our cross-functional and collaborative team has experience across the videogame industry. Headquartered in Madison, Wisconsin, we are also based remotely around the United States for an unmatched quality of life and work.
What You’ll Learn
Working with live games that are either shipping or in production, you’ll design, create and implement visual effects in our mobile games through Unity 3D. Working closely with our team of experienced artists and engineers, you’ll paint and animate VFX and learn how the videogame art and VFX pipelines work.
- Rising junior, senior, or 2021 graduate pursuing a degree in video games, art, or related field
- Online reel that showcases exceptional work in creating animation or visual effects along with other artwork
- At least one game project in your portfolio (completed independently or as a part of your coursework)
- Demonstrated experience with creating sprite sheets from assets
- An understanding of working in a team setting to create video games or animations
- VFX-specific experiments as part of reel, especially hand-drawn/painterly style effects
- Experience in Unity 3D or other game engine
- Other desired software experience includes Maya or Blender, also After Effects and Photoshop
This is a full-time, paid internship, 40 hours per week for up to 15 weeks during the summer of 2021. Our interns receive a great work environment where you’ll work on live games, get lunch and snack box deliveries, receive mentorship from experienced mobile game devs, and more!
No agencies, please. We regret that we cannot consider visa sponsorship or candidates based outside of the United States for this position at this time.