PerBlue is looking for a passionate Unity Gameplay Developer to join our team of experienced game developers. We’re a growing independent studio whose free-to-play midcore mobile games have been played by millions of people around the world, including the award-winning Disney Heroes: Battle Mode.
Our team brings experience from major studios across the videogame industry. Headquartered in Madison, Wisconsin, we also work remotely around the United States and Canada for an unmatched quality of life and work.
In this position, you'll help us create amazing experiences for our mobile game fans around the world! you'll play a central role in writing and developing gameplay features for our games. Bringing to life high quality characters and art assets, you’ll design and implement flexible gameplay systems, integrate art, and implement game mechanics for characters and environments.
Working on the front-end rendering engine of our mobile games, you’ll optimize game code and rendering to run on mobile devices, write shaders, and continually improve our graphics to achieve top-notch visual quality and optimal performance.
You’ll work in a collaborative environment with a cross-functional team of artists, designers, and QA to create game features, build art integration pipeline tooling and infrastructure, and bring designer specs to life in the game engine.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field
- 3+ years experience at a games studio (mobile, console, or PC)
- Strong C# or Java background
- Extensive experience with Unity, Unreal, or another game engine
- A passion for all things programming with amazing technical skills
- Be results-oriented and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Proactive and able to take ownership of tasks and projects
- Alignment with PerBlue’s efforts to be a welcoming, inclusive and diverse workplace
Other Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience writing shaders (GLSL/HLSL/Cg)
- Mobile development experience (Android, iOS)
- An interest and passion for gaming (RPG, Strategy)
- Desire and willingness to learn new technology and tools
- Ability to effectively communicate with team-members and management
- A focus on product and an eye for quality
Compensation and Benefits
We are a Remote First company headquartered in downtown Madison, Wisconsin with team members based around the US. We offer a competitive base salary; incentive bonus structure; 6+ weeks of paid time off; comprehensive health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance; a well-matched 401k; flexible hours; and a variety of other perks including daily lunch delivery.
You'll be part of a passionate, welcoming, and collaborative team that has received several “Best Place to Work” awards by a variety of publications. We are headquartered in the vibrant neighborhood around beautiful downtown Madison.
No agencies, please. This is a pretty good description of this position’s roles and responsibilities but is not a comprehensive job description, so duties and supervisors may change. We regret that we cannot consider visa sponsorship or candidates based outside of the United States or Canada for this position at this time.