Senior Producer (Mobile Games)
PerBlue is looking for our next great Senior Producer to join our team of experienced mobile game creators. We’re a growing independent studio whose free-to-play midcore mobile games are being played by millions of people around the world, including the award-winning Disney Heroes: Battle Mode.
Our team brings together experience from major studios in the videogame and technology industries. Headquartered in Madison, Wisconsin, we also work remotely around the United States for an unmatched quality of life and work.
As an experienced producer, we’ll look to you to help run the day-to-day activities of our production teams so they can create great experiences for our game players around the world. You’ll work closely with Product Owners where your role will focus on managing sprints across development, art, design, and other production teams, and you’ll serve as the owner of related pipelines and processes. You’re a born project manager, balancing team workloads, priorities, and managing a stack of tickets while keeping your teams happy and healthy.
- Manage the day-to-day development process for one of our games (and sometimes pitching in on other projects)
- Mentor and/or manage more junior producers on the team
- Own the production schedule, timelines, workload balancing, and mitigation plans for your game
- Work with our art, development, and operations teams to deliver sprints on time, on budget and at a high quality bar
- Quickly identify when development issues arise, diagnose their cause and implement solutions to keep the product and team on track
- Make valuable, collaborative contributions to the product (via design, QA, UX, business intelligence, etc.)
- 2+ years in a game producer or project management position for a post-university studio
- Extensive work with game development teams in project management and workload balancing
- Experience mentoring and/or managing other producers and related roles
- Experience solving complex problems in a released game with strong revenues
- Strong understanding of agile development theory and practice
Your personal attributes
- Naturally curious, organized, humble, collaborative, and enjoys making every day better for others
- Close attention to detail, process driven, and results-focused; your follow-through is unquestionable
- Outstanding communication skills
- Self motivated, with a strong desire to learn new things
- Love of games and interest in game development pipelines
- Motivated participant in PerBlue’s efforts to be a welcoming, inclusive and diverse workplace
Additional qualifications to highlight in your application
- Experience in mobile and/or free-to-play game production
- JIRA or other project management/ticket management software experience
Compensation and Benefits
We are a Remote First company headquartered in downtown Madison, Wisconsin with team members based around the US. We offer a competitive base salary; incentive bonus structure; 6+ weeks of paid time off; comprehensive health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance; a well-matched 401k; flexible hours; and a variety of other perks including daily lunch delivery.
You'll be part of a passionate, welcoming, and collaborative team that has received several “Best Place to Work” awards by a variety of publications. We are headquartered in the vibrant neighborhood around beautiful downtown Madison.
No agencies, please. This is a pretty good description of this position’s roles and responsibilities but is not a comprehensive job description, so duties and supervisors may change. We regret that we cannot consider visa sponsorship or candidates based outside of the United States or Canada for this position at this time.