PerBlue is looking for a passionate Front-End Java Software Developer to join our team of experienced game developers. We’re a growing independent studio whose free-to-play midcore mobile games have been played by millions of people around the world, including our recently launched Disney Heroes: Battle Mode game.
Our team brings experience from major studios across the videogame industry. Headquartered in Madison, Wisconsin, we also work remotely around the United States and Canada for an unmatched quality of life and work.
You’ll work side-by-side with our cross-functional team of game developers to create amazing experiences for Disney fans around the world! You’ll deliver the client interface for new game features while polishing and refining existing interfaces. You'll take wireframes and mockups from our designers and turn them into production-ready live, interactive screens in our Java tech stack.
Get an inside look at what it's like to be a Developer with PerBlue here.
You’ll work with our front-end rendering engines, implementing the user interfaces for our hit game Disney Heroes: Battle Mode. Pushing the constraints of mobile technologies, your code will deliver top-notch graphics at optimal performance and create a pixel-perfect user experience. Working with our art team, you'll also exercise your design skills implementing wireframes and artwork into Disney Heroes and other games.
- 1+ years of professional Java coding experience
- Frontend Development experience
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related technical field
- Demonstrated passion for and understanding of video game systems and mechanics
Your personal attributes
- Loves high-quality art and design
- Passion for all things programming with amazing technical skills
- Desire and willingness to learn new technology and tools
- Effective communicator and collaborator in both creative and development setting
- Thrives in a fast-paced, results-focused environment
- Enjoys the Disney universe of characters and stories and can jump into related discussions
- Actively participate in PerBlue’s efforts to be a welcoming, inclusive and diverse workplace.
Additional desired experience to highlight in your application
- Familiar with LibGDX, and/or Spine animation framework
- Mobile development experience (Android, iOS/Objective-C)
- Experience as a front-end Java or C# developer for a personal, college, or professional video game project
- Motion graphics, animation, or graphic design experience
Compensation and Benefits
We are a Remote First company headquartered in downtown Madison, Wisconsin with team members based around the US. We offer a competitive base salary; incentive bonus structure; 6+ weeks of paid time off; comprehensive health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance; a well-matched 401k; flexible hours; and a variety of other perks including daily lunch delivery.
You'll be part of a passionate, welcoming, and collaborative team that has received several “Best Place to Work” awards by a variety of publications. We are headquartered in the vibrant neighborhood around beautiful downtown Madison.
No agencies, please. This is a pretty good description of this position’s roles and responsibilities but is not a comprehensive job description, so duties and supervisors may change. We regret that we cannot consider visa sponsorship or candidates based outside of the United States or Canada for this position at this time.