PerBlue is looking for our next great aspiring Data Analyst to join our team of experienced mobile game creators. We’re a growing independent studio whose free-to-play midcore mobile games are being played by millions of people around the world, including the award-winning Disney Heroes: Battle Mode.
Our team brings together experience from major studios in the videogame and technology industries. Headquartered in Madison, Wisconsin, we also work remotely around the United States for an unmatched quality of life and work.
In this early-career opportunity, you’ll add your skillset to our Business Intelligence team, providing the analysis and insights to help our team create amazing experiences for our fans around the world. You’re a thoughtful aspiring data wizard who can manage mountains of mobile game data from a variety of sources and discover new ways of understanding and presenting insights to our team from across the studio. You’re a creative thinker who brings a commitment to delivering results.
- Support and nurture a culture of honesty, trust, and collaboration via data.
- Develop a strong understanding of our games, game design principles, core metrics and underlying assumptions; then work collaboratively to effectively question, test, and verify their truthfulness.
- Break down questions and requests for data into smaller, actionable plans to guarantee stakeholders will get their real questions answered.
- Improve existing Tableau dashboards and create new ones with a keen eye toward end user experience (ease of understanding, clarity, dashboard responsiveness, consistency, etc)
- Write SQL for data exploration, quick question-answer, and for more in-depth understanding via Tableau Data Sources, statistical analysis, etc.
- Do more thorough analyses when needed, including coming up with your own hypotheses, testing, revising, and ultimately providing data-driven, evidenced recommendations.
- Provide summaries of actionable takeaways that are understandable to non-technical colleagues while also providing empirical evidence and thought process for stakeholders wanting deeper understanding.
- Demonstrated professional and/or academic projects writing analytic SQL queries (emphasis on SELECTs using JOINs, GROUP BY, window functions, etc., not so much INSERTs/UPDATEs)
- Experience with data visualization
- Ability to effectively communicate findings and recommendations, and connect with a variety of stakeholders
Your personal attributes
- Naturally curious, organized, and analytical
- Truly loves making sense of large amounts of data
- Close attention to detail, process driven, and results-focused
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Self motivated, with a strong desire to learn new things
- Love of games and interest in game development pipelines
- Willingness to step in and help where needed
- Alignment with PerBlue’s efforts to be a welcoming, inclusive and diverse workplace
Additional qualifications to highlight in your application--
- Mobile and/or free-to-play game industry experience
- Tableau or other data exploration, visualization and interactive dashboarding software
- Postgres and/or Snowflake/Redshift cloud database querying
- Machine learning / artificial intelligence
- Data modeling
- Basic statistics (AB testing, confidence intervals, etc)
- Programming, specifically Python
- Version control systems, especially Git
Compensation and Benefits
We are a Remote First company headquartered in downtown Madison, Wisconsin with team members based around the US. We offer a competitive base salary; incentive bonus structure; 6+ weeks of paid time off; comprehensive health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance; a well-matched 401k; flexible hours; and a variety of other perks including daily lunch delivery.
You'll be part of a passionate, welcoming, and collaborative team that has received several “Best Place to Work” awards by a variety of publications. We are headquartered in the vibrant neighborhood around beautiful downtown Madison.
No agencies, please. This is a pretty good description of this position’s roles and responsibilities but is not a comprehensive job description, so duties and supervisors may change. We regret that we cannot consider visa sponsorship or candidates based outside of the United States or Canada for this position at this time.