People Can Fly is one of the leading Polish gaming studios and a globally operating AAA game developer that made its mark on the action shooter genre with titles such as Painkiller, Bulletstorm, Gears of War: Judgement and Outriders. We are also one of the most experienced Unreal Engine studios in the world. We have gained a vast know-how as a part of Epic Games family and we have developed our unique, trademark approach to the engine as an independent studio. We are rapidly growing, ambitious company looking for the most promising talents working in the game industry.
In December 2020 studios’ holding company PCF Group S.A. debuted as a public company on the Warsaw Stock Exchange. Over the last 5 years, our studios have grown from 40 to over 350 people, whom we affectionately call ‘Aviators’. In addition to our headquarters in Warsaw, we have studios located in Poland (Lodz and Rzeszow), the UK (Newcastle), the US (New York and Chicago), and Canada (Montreal) – with plans to expand even further in near future! Recently, our family was extended with a newly formed partnership with Game On, a creative motion capture, animation, and audio studio with a portfolio of AAA collaborations.
To foster the creative process, we make sure that our culture stays informal, whilst direct communication and a quick decision-making process really matter. As a PCF aviator, you will have a real impact on the games we’re working on. We also offer access to solid know-how, creative resources, and constructive feedback at every stage of development. Our modus operandi is based on staying dynamic, evolving in sync with gaming industry trends and focusing on delivering creative solutions in any circumstances.
During the pandemic, we have successfully transitioned to a remote work model, and we aim to develop it further and keep this option available to most of our employees. And with millions of players embracing our recent hit, Outriders, we can guarantee that you will work on the projects with true impact on the whole gaming community.
Project Dagger is a new IP developed with Take-Two Interactive. It’s a yet unannounced AAA action-adventure game developed by our North American team supported by PCF’s European studios.
Take flight on this amazing journey with us and spread your wings in the game industry!
People Can Fly development team is hungry for a User Interface developer. We are looking for an experienced developer, who is already working in the industry. You will be working on best-in-class UI for AAA games for multiple platforms - PC, Xbox, PlayStation,and more; work closely with UX designers, game designers, and ameplay programmers to achieve that.
Our mission is to create high-quality, responsive UI, which is vital for the best gaming experience. We aim to create stunning, performant interfaces with the most modern tools, leveraging the best features of C++, UMG and Unreal Engine.
In this role you will:
- Collaborate with artists, designers and gameplay developers to work on cutting-edge features, improving player experience
- Work closely with other UI developers and game designers to organize effective prototyping process
- Polish UI prototypes to AAA level with attention to detail, especially with compliance, accessibility and layout
- Write clean, efficient, maintainable code
- Test, debug, profile and optimize implementations
- Create design documentation according to Team Standards
- Actively attend to code review
- Design and implement new UI systems, iterate on existing ones
- Strong C++ programming skills
- Knowledge of Unreal Engine 4
- Experience with developing and testing UI features across multiple platforms
- Knowledge of rendering, threading, networking and other systems impacting quality and performance
- Understanding of UMG optimization techniques
- Strong debugging and profiling skills
- Ability to write solid, reliable, efficient code
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Open-minded team player attitude
- Strong work ethic and self-motivated
- Passionate about playing and making video games
Nice to have
- Knowledge of design relating to user-interface and ergonomics
- Shipped-title experience
- JIRA, Swarm and Perforce Knowledge
- BS (or higher) in Computer Science or similar discipline (Physics, Math, EE, etc.)
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Personal development opportunities and the possibility to work in a multicultural environment
- Working with highly-skilled, senior-level professionals
- Being part of a young organization and having a true impact on your daily work
- Opportunity to work on innovative, exciting AAA projects with the newest technologies
- An informal atmosphere, no dress code, no unwanted formalities