People Can Fly is one of the leading Polish gaming studios and a globally operating AAA game developer that made its mark on the action shooter genre with titles such as Painkiller, Bulletstorm, Gears of War: Judgement and Outriders. We are also one of the most experienced Unreal Engine studios in the world. We have gained a vast know-how as a part of Epic Games family and we have developed our unique, trademark approach to the engine as an independent studio. We are rapidly growing, ambitious company looking for the most promising talents working in the game industry.
In December 2020 studios’ holding company PCF Group S.A. debuted as a public company on the Warsaw Stock Exchange. Over the last 5 years, our studios have grown up from 40 to over 350 people, whom we affectionately call ‘Aviators’. In addition to our headquarters in Warsaw, we have studios located in Poland (Lodz and Rzeszow), the UK (Newcastle), the US (New York and Chicago), and Canada (Montreal) – with plans to expand even further in near future! Recently, our family was extended with a newly formed partnership with Game On, a creative motion capture, animation, and audio studio with a portfolio of AAA collaborations.
To foster the creative process, we make sure that our culture stays informal, whilst direct communication and a quick decision-making process really matter. As a PCF aviator, you will have a real impact on the games we’re working on. We also offer access to solid know-how, creative resources, and constructive feedback at every stage of development. Our modus operandi is based on staying dynamic, evolving in sync with gaming industry trends and focusing on delivering creative solutions in any circumstances.
During the pandemic, we have successfully transitioned to a remote work model, and we aim to develop it further and keep this option available to most of our employees. And with millions of players embracing our recent hit, Outriders, we can guarantee that you will work on the projects with true impact on the whole gaming community.
Project Gemini is a yet unannounced AAA game developed with Square Enix – the publisher of our recent AAA title, Outriders. The game development involves primarily our Europe based teams.
Take flight on this amazing journey with us and spread your wings in the game industry!
- Creating materials and support and existing material systems.
- Making final materials for characters, environment assets, effects etc, anything that is overly complex or technical Level Work.
- Working closely with the art team making the result of their work even better with a good artistic eye
- Identifying problems and proposing solutions and optimization.
- Using diagnostic tools to examine the current content and identify areas for improvement as well as develop the tools
- Working with programmers on developing new features and workflows
- Content creation-mock up features in external programs or tweak shader code, give feedback to programmers, and experiment with features
- Tweaking assets by using the modeling and texturing skills
- Maintaining the production and software pipeline and meeting deadlines
- Bug Fixing and describing R&D case studies in the knowledge base
- At least 3+ years of game development experience
- Shipped title experience
- Experience in several aspects of creating game content
- Knowledge of Unreal Engine tools and best practices
- Solid understanding of game dev standard pipelines and tools
- Strong modeling and texturing skills
- Experience with various software packages including Maya, Photoshop, Zbrush/Mudbox, Substance Designer
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Open-minded team player attitude
- Strong work ethic and self-motivated
- Visual scripting in Unreal Engine Editor
- Passionate about playing and making video games
Nice to have
- Houdini knowledge is a plus
- Max Scripting and HLSL or shader programming experience is a plus
- Scripting and plug-in writing skills with Maya, Python, or C++ is a plus
What we offer
- A competitive salary and performance-based bonuses
- Personal development opportunities and the possibility to work in a multicultural environment
- Work in a creative team with people full of passion for what they do
- Business trips and integration events
- In-company English language classes and Polish lessons for foreigners
- An informal atmosphere, no dress code, no unwanted formalities