Senior Technical Artist
- Developing powerful and efficient workflows for the Art team
- Researching and implementing new techniques and procedures to improve game asset quality
- Helping improve and refine shader, texture, lighting quality
- Exploring and help develop new technologies for integration into the asset pipeline
- Identifying and resolve pipeline issues without supervision
- Analyzing and improve art asset inefficiencies to optimize console and PC performance
- Working with programmers on developing new features and workflows
- Providing R&D projects and pipeline and workflows improvements
- Bug Fixing and describing R&D case studies in the knowledge base
- Creating materials and support and existing material systems.
- Making final materials for characters, environment assets, effects, etc, anything that is overly complex or technical Level Work.
- Acting as a liaison between the Engineering and Art departments
- Maintaining the production and software pipeline and meeting deadlines
- Sharing knowledge with less experienced peers
- Occasionally supporting Lead in recruitment projects with HR collaboration
- At least 5+ years of game development experience
- At least one AAA title developed and shipped from start to finish
- Solid understanding of creative and game development processes
- Experience in all aspects of creating game content
- Advanced Maya knowledge
- Advanced knowledge of Photoshop, Zbrush/Mudbox, Substance Designer
- Strong knowledge of current 3D graphics techniques
- Strong knowledge of particle systems, environmental effects, cloth simulations, lighting, and dynamics
- High proficiency in technical problem solving
- Visual scripting in Unreal Engine Editor
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Open-minded team player attitude
- Strong work ethic and self-motivated
- Passionate about playing and making video games
Nice to have
- Scripting and plug-in writing skills with Maya plus Python or C++
- Extensive experience working the Unreal Engine especially with Blueprints, Material Editor, and Matinee
- Max Scripting and HLSL or shader programming experience
- Houdini experience
- A competitive salary and performance-based bonuses
- Personal development opportunities and the possibility to work in a multicultural environment
- Work in a creative team with people full of passion for what they do
- Private health care including dental treatment & MultiSport card
- Business trips and integration events
- Comprehensive assistance in relocation
- Fresh fruits, snacks, and beverages for everyone in the office
- Free library with a wide range of games and books
- In-company English language classes and Polish lessons for foreigners
- An informal atmosphere, no dress code, no unwanted formalities
People Can Fly is one of the leading independent AAA games development studios with an international team of nearly 300 talented individuals working from offices located in Poland, UK, US, and Canada. Founded in 2002 we made our mark on the action-shooter genre, developing titles such as Painkiller, Bulletstorm, and Gears of War: Judgement. Our world-class creative teams are currently working on several exciting AAA projects, including Outriders and a brand new action-adventure title.
With over 18 years of experience in making shooter games, now PCF is aiming to explore new horizons and expand the borders of the genre even further. We want to combine our expertise with the creativity and skills of ambitious professionals, who will dare to join us in an epic journey to forever reshape the market landscape and work on the new generation of Online Shooters for the global gaming community.
We are looking for an experienced, talented and passionate Senior Concept Artist, a champion in the Art Team who will have a significant role in shaping the visual direction for a project. You´ll help establish and convey the Art Directors vision through a wide array of concept art, key art & style guides.
As a Senior Concept Artist you will be required to visually develop and illustrate any given combination of game assets, associated game development imagery and speculative ‘pitch’ materials to a high standard and on schedule under the art direction of an art lead or art director.
In order to create a believable and breathtaking game world, you will be called upon to create inspiring designs ranging from realistic to sci-fi. From initial speed sketches, through to product - defining visuals – developing imaginative visual solutions for the various aesthetic, technical, design & narrative considerations in a timely fashion.
As a highly experienced professional you’ll have a chance to perfect your skills and knowledge working alongside leaders with bravery and passion to bring brand new memorable experience in the most popular genre in the world to the players worldwide.
If you feel yourself able to deliver as nobody else, ready for some serious accountability and capable of leaving a mark on a game you work on, or even the genre as whole, apply now!
This role can be UK remote/Newcastle, or Poland remote/Warsaw.