Senior Level Designer
People Can Fly is one of the leading and most experienced Unreal Engine studios in the world. We took off in 2002 and since then, we have never slowed down. We made our mark on the action-shooter genre, developing titles such as Painkiller, Bulletstorm, and Gears of War: Judgement. After being part of the Epic Games family, our desire to stay free and create on our own terms eventually made us independent.
Over the years our studio has grown from 40 to nearly 300 people, whom we affectionately call ‘aviators’, located across the globe. You’ll now find us not only in Poland but also in the United Kingdom, the United States, and Canada. Our world-class creative teams are currently working on two exciting AAA projects - Outriders and a brand new action-adventure title.
We make great games and this is why freedom and ownership stay at the center of everything we do. We make sure that our culture stays informal, whilst direct communication and a quick decision-making process really matter. As a PCF aviator, you’ll have a real impact on the games we’re working on. You’ll also receive access to our solid know-how, creative resources, and constructive feedback at every stage of development. We want to embrace your contribution!
This is a unique moment in our history. Take flight on this amazing journey with us and become a part of something truly special!
We are looking for an experienced Senior Level Designer. This person will be responsible for blocking out and building levels, and be ready to heavily iterate on them (playtest and provide/implement feedback). You will cooperate with the art team to make sure that levels are up to the highest visual quality while retaining the gameplay and fun as well as with the design and code teams on making maps as fun as they can be, and integrating any and all new features into the levels built. You will have full level ownership – from the paper design, through the whitebox phase, scripting, iteration, debugging, optimization – until our game ships.
- Experience in level design – both practice and theory (chokepoints, routes, lines of sight, engagement distances)
- 5+ Years of professional-level design experience
- At least one successful shipped game on PC or console
- Ability to work well within a team, good communication skills
- Self-motivation and ability to prioritize and deliver the best quality work on deadlines
- Ability to process, understand and implement feedback
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Passion for Games
Nice to have
Unreal Engine 4 knowledge
What we offer
- 100% company paid Medical, Dental, and Vision plans
- Company-paid holidays and an attractive paid time off policy which includes 4 weeks of vacation
- Relocation Assistance
- Short and Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Pet Insurance
- Flexible Savings Account Programs
- Commuter Tax benefits
- Discounted gym memberships to keep our staff healthy and happy
- An informal atmosphere, no dress code, no unwanted formalities