Senior Character Artist
People Can Fly is one of the leading Polish gaming studios and a globally operating AAA game developer that made its mark on the action shooter genre with titles such as Painkiller, Bulletstorm, Gears of War: Judgement and Outriders. We are also one of the most experienced Unreal Engine studios in the world. We have gained a vast know-how as a part of Epic Games family and we have developed our unique, trademark approach to the engine as an independent studio. We are rapidly growing, ambitious company looking for the most promising talents working in the game industry.
In December 2020 studios’ holding company PCF Group S.A. debuted as a public company on the Warsaw Stock Exchange. Over the last 5 years, our studios have grown from 40 to over 350 people, whom we affectionately call ‘Aviators’. In addition to our headquarters in Warsaw, we have studios located in Poland (Lodz and Rzeszow), the UK (Newcastle), the US (New York and Chicago), and Canada (Montreal) – with plans to expand even further in near future! Recently, our family was extended with a newly formed partnership with Game On, a creative motion capture, animation, and audio studio with a portfolio of AAA collaborations.
To foster the creative process, we make sure that our culture stays informal, whilst direct
communication and a quick decision-making process really matter. As a PCF aviator, you will have a real impact on the games we’re working on. We also offer access to solid know-how, creative resources, and constructive feedback at every stage of development. Our modus operandi is based on staying dynamic, evolving in sync with gaming industry trends and focusing on delivering creative solutions in any circumstances.
During the pandemic, we have successfully transitioned to a remote work model, and we aim to develop it further and keep this option available to most of our employees. And with millions of players embracing our recent hit, Outriders, we can guarantee that you will work on the projects with true impact on the whole gaming community.
Project Dagger is a new IP developed with Take-Two Interactive. It’s a yet unannounced AAA action-adventure game developed by our North American team supported by PCF’s European studios.
Take flight on this amazing journey with us and spread your wings in the game industry!
People Can Fly is looking for a Senior Character Artist. This person will be responsible for setting the artistic vision for how our character and creature models are designed and developed as well as maintaining high-quality standards across the entire character development pipeline. This person will be responsible for delivering the highest quality models for use in gameplay, cinematics, and even our marketing material.
- Creating high-quality characters, complex creatures, and weapons both technically and artistically
- Creating and tuning surface shaders for in-game characters
- Working with Animators to ensure the character can be rigged and animated properly
- 6+ years of experience in developing character models and textures as a Senior Character Artist
- Shipped game title experience (credits in at least one AAA title as a Character Artist)
- Ability to create believable characters that are full of life and personality
- Ability to create complex creature types from bipeds to quadrupeds and beyond
- Ability to create highpoly and lowpoly models as well as textures.
- Ability to adapt to, and innovate new styles and techniques
- Experience with blendshapes
- Strong organic modeling skills (human faces, clothing, believable creatures)
- Strong hard-surface modeling skills (armor, weapons)
- Very good knowledge of major 3D software packages (Maya, Max, ZBrush, Marvelous Designer, Substance)
- High work ethic and self-motivated
- Passion for Games
Nice to have
- Experience working in UE4
What we offer
- Competitive salary and performance-based bonuses
- Personal development opportunities and the possibility to work in a multicultural environment
- Working with highly-skilled, senior-level professionals
- Being part of a young organization and having a true impact on your daily work
- Business trips and integration events
- Comprehensive assistance in relocation
- Opportunity to work on innovative, exciting AAA projects with the newest technologies
- An informal atmosphere, no dress code, no unwanted formalities