Lead VFX Artist
People Can Fly is one of the leading and most experienced Unreal Engine studios in the world. We took off in 2002 and since then, we have never slowed down. We made our mark on the action-shooter genre, developing titles such as Painkiller, Bulletstorm, and Gears of War: Judgement. After being part of the Epic Games family, our desire to stay free and create on our own terms eventually made us independent.
Over the years our studio has grown from 40 to nearly 300 people, whom we affectionately call ‘aviators’, located across the globe. You’ll now find us not only in Poland but also in the United Kingdom, the United States, and Canada. Our world-class creative teams are currently working on two exciting AAA projects - Outriders and a brand new action-adventure title.
We make great games and this is why freedom and ownership stay at the center of everything we do. We make sure that our culture stays informal, whilst direct communication and a quick decision-making process really matter. As a PCF aviator, you’ll have a real impact on the games we’re working on. You’ll also receive access to our solid know-how, creative resources, and constructive feedback at every stage of development. We want to embrace your contribution!
This is a unique moment in our history. Take flight on this amazing journey with us and become a part of something truly special!
People Can Fly is looking for a real-time Lead VFX Artist to work on our upcoming AAA games. Your work will range from creating gameplay effects to authoring complex set-piece destruction. Responsibilities will include owning and improving the VFX pipeline and being able to take an effect from simulation, creating flipbooks to setting up the effect in the game engine.
- A minimum of 8 years of professional experience as a VFX artist in game development
- Work on at least one shipped AAA title
- Excellent organizational, communication, and time management skills
- Mentor junior and mid-level VFX artists and provide feedback on best practices
- A critical eye for the timing, animation, and motion of real-world objects and visual effects
- Experience with a variety of techniques and tools for creating VFX animation (standard particle systems, fluid sims, physics sims, etc.)
- Experience creating pixel and vertex shaders
- Ability to create all source art needed for VFX (textures, geometry, flipbooks, normal maps, vector field textures, etc.)
- Able to take direction and implement feedback
- Ability to think outside the box to come up with more efficient techniques
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- High work ethic and self-motivation
- Passion for Games
- Excellent communication skills
Nice to have
- Experience working with Unreal Engine is a plus
- HLSL shader creation experience is a plus
What we offer
- 100% company paid Medical, Dental, and Vision plans
- Company-paid holidays and an attractive paid time off policy which includes 4 weeks of vacation
- Relocation Assistance
- Short and Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Pet Insurance
- Flexible Savings Account Programs
- Commuter Tax benefits
- Discounted gym memberships to keep our staff healthy and happy
- An informal atmosphere, no dress code, no unwanted formalities