People Can Fly is one of the leading and most experienced Unreal Engine studios in the world. We took off in 2002 and since then, we have never slowed down. We made our mark on the action-shooter genre, developing titles such as Painkiller, Bulletstorm, and Gears of War: Judgement. After being part of the Epic Games family, our desire to stay free and create on our own terms eventually made us independent.
Over the years our studio has grown from 40 to nearly 300 people, whom we affectionately call ‘aviators’, located across the globe. You’ll now find us not only in Poland but also in the United Kingdom, the United States, and Canada. Our world-class creative teams are currently working on two exciting AAA projects - Outriders and a brand new action-adventure title.
We make great games and this is why freedom and ownership stay at the center of everything we do. We make sure that our culture stays informal, whilst direct communication and a quick decision-making process really matter. As a PCF aviator, you’ll have a real impact on the games we’re working on. You’ll also receive access to our solid know-how, creative resources, and constructive feedback at every stage of development. We want to embrace your contribution!
This is a unique moment in our history. Take flight on this amazing journey with us and become a part of something truly special!
- Designing, implementing, and maintaining new low-level systems and overall architecture under lead supervision
- Testing existing systems and proposing new systems and features implementations whenever is cost-effective
- Creating performance and memory optimization Tools and Features
- Testing, debugging, profiling, optimizing, and documenting implementations
- Actively attending code reviews
- Strong C++ knowledge
- Minimum 3 years of software engineering experience
- Shipped-title experience
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4
- Excellent math and/or physics skills
- Passion for writing solid, reliable, efficient code and highly scalable systems
- Experience with multiple core systems, such as graphics, tools, audio, networking, memory handling, scripting, etc.
- Being able to work efficiently under tight deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Open-minded team player attitude
- Strong work ethic and self-motivated
- Passionate about playing and making video games
Nice to have
- Experience working with multithreaded systems
- Performance and memory optimization skills
- Console experience, especially next-generation systems
- BS (or higher) in Computer Science or similar discipline (Physics, Math, EE, etc.)
What we offer
- A competitive salary and performance-based bonuses
- Personal development opportunities and the possibility to work in a multicultural environment
- Work in a creative team with people full of passion for what they do
- Private health care & gym card
- Business trips and integration events
- Comprehensive assistance in relocation
- Fresh fruits, snacks, and beverages for everyone in the office
- Free library with a wide range of games and books
- In-company English language classes and Polish lessons for foreigners
- An informal atmosphere, no dress code, no unwanted formalities