Code Dev QA Specialist
People Can Fly is one of the leading Polish gaming studios and a globally operating AAA game developer that made its mark on the action shooter genre with titles such as Painkiller, Bulletstorm, Gears of War: Judgement and Outriders. We are also one of the most experienced Unreal Engine studios in the world. We have gained a vast know-how as a part of Epic Games family and we have developed our unique, trademark approach to the engine as an independent studio. We are rapidly growing, ambitious company looking for the most promising talents working in the game industry.
In December 2020 studios’ holding company PCF Group S.A. debuted as a public company on the Warsaw Stock Exchange. Over the last 5 years, our studios have grown up from 40 to over 350 people, whom we affectionately call ‘Aviators’. In addition to our headquarters in Warsaw, we have studios located in Poland (Lodz and Rzeszow), the UK (Newcastle), the US (New York and Chicago), and Canada (Montreal) – with plans to expand even further in near future! Recently, our family was extended with a newly formed partnership with Game On, a creative motion capture, animation, and audio studio with a portfolio of AAA collaborations.
To foster the creative process, we make sure that our culture stays informal, whilst direct
communication and a quick decision-making process really matter. As a PCF aviator, you will have a real impact on the games we’re working on. We also offer the access to solid know-how, creative resources, and constructive feedback at every stage of development. Our modus operandi is based on staying dynamic, evolving in sync with gaming industry trends and focusing on delivering creative solutions in any circumstances.
During the pandemic, we have successfully transitioned to a remote work model, and we aim to develop it further and keep this option available to most of our employees. And with millions of players embracing our recent hit, Outriders, we can guarantee that you will work on the projects with true impact on the whole gaming community.
PCF Framework is a home of coding experts who ensure that the key areas of the Unreal Engine used by PCF are being properly developed across different games and platforms. The team also makes sure that we have less systems to maintain while remaining competitive and is responsible for driving our architecture and R&D initiatives forward.
Take flight on this amazing journey with us and spread your wings in the game industry!
- Assisting dedicated code team with daily tasks
- Gathering and analyzing game statistics
- Performing Soak, Smoke tests, and Sanity check while working on several streams
- Creating Test Cases in order to find the Memory and Frame Rate degradations
- Planning, Creating, and Executing Automated tests
- Verifying game stability on consoles
- Reporting the Crashes and analyzing the crash database
- Cooperating with QA department
- At least 1.5 years of working experience as a professional QA Tester/Technician (not in linguistic testing)
- Experience working with Unreal Engine Editor
- Understanding P4 and multi-branch model
- Basic understanding of project life cycle and its phases
- Knowledge of PC and consoles on technician level
- Understanding of and experience with all areas of game testing and various test types
- Knowledge of QA methodologies to ensure the highest possible quality and maximum efficiency
- Ability to remain focused on given tasks for prolonged time periods; attentiveness to small details
- Curiosity and strong will to study and understand the underlying game mechanics in order to not only discover but foresee potential issues in different game areas
- Resistance to stress and ability to withstand the time pressure
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Open-minded team player attitude
- Strong work ethic and self-motivated
- Passionate about playing and making video games
Nice to have
- Experience working with Visual Studio
- Basic programming skills (C++/Visual Scripting)
- Experience working with Memory Analyzing tools
- Experience working with Profiling tools
- Experience working with bug-tracking tools, preferably JIRA
What we offer
- A competitive salary and performance-based bonuses
- Personal development opportunities and the possibility to work in a multicultural environment
- Work in a creative team with people full of passion for what they do
- Private health care including dental treatment & MultiSport card
- Business trips and integration events
- Comprehensive assistance in relocation
- Fresh fruits, snacks, and beverages for everyone in the office
- Free library with a wide range of games and books
- In-company English language classes and Polish lessons for foreigners
- An Informal atmosphere, no dress code, no unwanted formalities