People Can Fly is one of the leading and most experienced Unreal Engine studios in the world. We took off in 2002 and since then, we have never slowed down. We made our mark on the action-shooter genre, developing titles such as Painkiller, Bulletstorm, and Gears of War: Judgement. After being part of the Epic Games family, our desire to stay free and create on our own terms eventually made us independent.
Over the years our studio has grown from 40 to nearly 300 people, whom we affectionately call ‘aviators’, located across the globe. You’ll now find us not only in Poland but also in the United Kingdom, the United States, and Canada. Our world-class creative teams are currently working on two exciting AAA projects - Outriders and a brand new action-adventure title.
We make great games and this is why freedom and ownership stay at the center of everything we do. We make sure that our culture stays informal, whilst direct communication and a quick decision-making process really matter. As a PCF aviator, you’ll have a real impact on the games we’re working on. You’ll also receive access to our solid know-how, creative resources, and constructive feedback at every stage of development. We want to embrace your contribution!
This is a unique moment in our history. Take flight on this amazing journey with us and become a part of something truly special!
We are looking for an Animation Programmer to join our team and work on our latest announced project "Outriders". The Candidate will be responsible for tackling the challenges related to animations, including the way characters dynamically look on screen, responsiveness, making tools to ease out the process of making and using animations for the whole game, maintaining, developing, and improving our current tools and systems. Optimizing animations for all platforms.
- Strong C++ knowledge
- Minimum 3 years of software engineering experience
- Knowledge in software design patterns and ability to design maintainable, extendable, and well-optimized codes
- Strong math skills, specifically good knowledge of linear algebra
- Interested in game animation and passion for real-time animation topics
- Skills in implementing project's animation requirements, maintain, design and improve existing animation systems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- High work ethic and self-motivation
- Excellent communication skills
Nice to have
- UE4 knowledge
- Shipped-title experience
- BS (or higher) in computer science or similar discipline (Physics, Math, etc)
- Experience with any kind of animation systems like UE4 animation system, Unity Mecanim, Morpheme,
- Havok animation, Emotion FX, or any other in-house animation system
- Skills in using DCC tools like 3DSmax, Maya, Motion Builder is a plus
What we offer
- 100% company paid Medical, Dental, and Vision plans
- Company-paid holidays and an attractive paid time off policy which includes 4 weeks of vacation
- Relocation Assistance
- Short and Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Pet Insurance
- Flexible Savings Account Programs
- Commuter Tax benefits
- Discounted gym memberships to keep our staff healthy and happy
- An informal atmosphere, no dress code, no unwanted formalities