(Closed) Managing Editor, (PC Gamer)
PC Gamer is the global authority on PC games. We’ve been covering PC gaming for 24 years, and continue that legacy today with worldwide print editions and around-the-clock news, features, esports coverage, hardware testing and game reviews on PCGamer.com, as well as the annual PC Gaming Show.
Job Summary & Purpose
Working out of our Bath office, we’re looking for a Managing Editor to oversee the creation of PC Gamer magazine. Reporting to the UK Editor and UK Editor-in-Chief, you will be responsible for driving the creation of the magazine each issue, working with the global team, as well as the magazine’s art and production editors, to ensure PC Gamer continues to deliver the quality our readers expect.
In this role, you will be responsible for scheduling the magazine’s workflow, creating and maintaining the flatplan, working with the PC Gamer team to generate original features and sourcing appropriate existing content from PCGamer.com. You’ll also be in charge of the day-to-day operations of the magazine, and be the primary contact for all magazine queries.
Key role responsibilities
- Taking responsibility for the day-to-day running of the magazine.
- Work with the Editor and UK Editor-in-Chief to plan out each issue’s contents.
- Integrating with the art and production editor to ensure smooth workflow.
- Proofing pages of the magazine to ensure they reach our high editorial standards.
- Using your knowledge of PC gaming to identify suitable cover games.
- Working with the art editor to create eye-catching covers.
- Working with the production editor to deliver pristine, polished copy.
- Sourcing digital gift codes for the magazine.
- Essential skills and experience
- 2-3 years of experience working in print, either in an editor or production editor-based role. Experience of proofing pages and using InDesign is crucial.
- A demonstrable passion for PC gaming.
- Highly organised, and able to work to deadlines.
- The essential candidate will have a comprehensive understanding of a print workflow process, and how to optimise the creation of a magazine.
Desirable skills and experience
- Pre-existing relationships in the UK games industry or related industry are a plus.
- Although this is a primarily print-based role, additional online experience would also be a bonus.
We are Future
Connectors. Creators. Experience Makers
We have big ambitions to transform media and change people’s lives. Together, we connect people to their passions through the high-quality content we create and the innovative technology we pioneer. It’s an incredibly exciting time to join!
Future is the name behind market-leading brands in specialist sectors across technology, gaming & entertainment, music, creative & photography, hobbies, knowledge and home interest.