UX Design Lead
Are you a passionate User Experience Designer looking for new and exciting challenges? Do you have an interest in making the complex seem simple? Do you have the drive and passion to push for new and innovative experiences for strategy gamers? As a User Experience Design Lead at Paradox you will be part of shaping a new role within the company where your focus will be to increase the UX maturity of the organization and help the team envision how we adapt our games for the future needs of the market and ease the learning curve of deep and complex strategy games on a grand scale. You will be a challenging force that will try to innovate and push new ideas, leading to better games that are more approachable while retaining their deep gameplay. Together with other designers you will develop style guides and methods for securing a better user experience for our players.
- Lead the UX designers on our game projects and coordinate their work together with their producers.
- Create and maintain a stable UX/UI workflow between departments, interacting with Art Directors and Art Leads to ensure a cohesive game play experience within the end product.
- Coach UX Designers and support managers in providing feedback for personal development.
- Drive innovation and provide a fresh perspective to User Experience in User Interface design.
- Interact with the User Research department.
- Take on tasks on the game project, such as creating mockups, wireframes, and prototypes of new interfaces, and evaluate and improve existing ones.
- Occasionally implement designs in game using our in-house scripting language.
- Professional experience as a UX Designer, UI Designer, or equivalent.
- Experience of leading and coordinating a team of UX designers.
- Fluency in English both written and spoken.
- Familiarity with and/or interest in Paradox Development Studio's games and brands.
If you have experience with user-testing or any kind of programming that will be beneficial, but is not a requirement.
On a personal level you are interested in leadership and bringing people together around a common cause. You are driven towards innovation and are not afraid to challenge the status-quo. You are able to inspire others by shedding new light on existing problems and coming up with new solutions. You have excellent communication skills and can easily communicate with fellow designers, programmers, and other team members. You are also very structured and able to keep style guides and other design documents up-to-date.
Scope: Full time and permanent
Reports to: Design Director
Some of our benefits include:
If you think that this description matches you, we highly encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we will interview candidates continuously. If you don't match all the requirements, please demonstrate how your passion, attitude and interest in Paradox might compensate for this.
At Paradox Interactive we celebrate difference and care deeply about diversity and inclusion. We therefore encourage you, no matter who you are, to apply for this job if you think you’d be a great addition to our team.