UI Artist (Hearts of Iron IV)
Paradox Development Studio makes world-leading grand strategy games that our fans spend hundreds of hours in, and our artists make sure we do it in style! We are now looking for a skillful UI Artist to join our Hearts of Iron team in Stockholm!
As a UI Artist you will be working with the Art Director/Lead Artist to create and implement high quality UI/2D art for our GSG games.
- Cooperate together with your leads to develop and plan for the right look and feel of our UI.
- Creating various UI elements, icons, event images (illustrations), and other supporting 2D artwork that our games may require.
- Implement and optimize UI assets for use in the game engine.
- Work with animation and bring UI elements alive.
- Work with Content Designers and Programmers to keep design intentions in mind while maintaining consistent art quality.
- Portfolio showing good hand painting skills.
- Demonstrated good use of typography, composition, and color.
- Moderate scripting skills.
- Knowledge of creating user interfaces from concept, through prototype to final.
- Knowledge of UX to facilitate collaboration with our UX team.
It would be great if you had a passion for the strategy game genre and a strong interest in game development. Additional skills like familiarity with After Effects and 3D software would be a bonus but not essential.
As part of the recruitment process, you may be asked to perform a test.
Some of our benefits include:
If you think that this description matches you, we highly encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we will interview candidates continuously. If you don't match all the requirements, please demonstrate how your passion, attitude, and interest in Paradox might compensate for this.
At Paradox Interactive we celebrate difference and care deeply about diversity and inclusion. We, therefore, encourage you, no matter who you are, to apply for this job if you think you’d be a great addition to our team.