Paradox Tectonic seeks a versatile and creative Technical Artist to join our team for a new IP. You will work alongside the Art Director, fellow artists, and engineers to create exciting, memorable, and replayable content.
We're looking for an experienced, self-starting tech wiz with a good artistic eye. You will help elevate the visuals and find ways to improve workflow efficiency, provide feedback, and debugging of complex assets. Our ideal candidate brings with them a deep passion for making games and solving challenging problems.
What You’ll Do (Responsibilities)
- Integration of art content into the game engine.
- Evaluate all incoming outsourced art for technical issues.
- Adjust vertex weighting for character skinned assets.
- Geometry and texture adjustments on outsourced assets when necessary. Design and develop (with Python, MEL, etc.) tools to automate processes.
- Help prototype new art assets and build asset generation pipelines and tools. Improve the workflow for all art disciplines, in particular lighting and environment art.
- Communicate and collaborate with other development disciplines.
What You Bring (Qualifications)
- Strong working knowledge of Unity and Maya.
- Ability to skin meshes to various rigs for video games.
- Love of characters and animation.
- Strong grasp of anatomy, form, proportion, and color.
- Strong understanding of character modeling and texturing principles.
- Understanding of good mesh topology for deformation.
- Solid experience with physically based rendering and lighting.
- Solid understanding of the artistic pipeline and workflow.
- Experience profiling performance and memory within game engines.
- Self-motivated, structured, proactive, and detailed oriented.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
Nice to Haves
- Familiarity with modular character customization systems is a plus
- Experience with animation is a plus but not required
Scope: Full-time and permanent
Can be remote but expected to keep consistent work hours with a team situated in the Bay Area.
If you think that this description matches you, we highly encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we will interview candidates continuously. If you don't match all the requirements, please demonstrate how your passion, attitude and interest in Paradox might compensate for this. At Paradox Interactive we celebrate difference and care deeply about diversity and inclusion. We therefore encourage you, no matter who you are, to apply for this job if you think you’d be a great addition to our team.