Senior Producer - Crusader Kings III
Do you want to take on the exciting challenge of joining Paradox Development Studio in making sure Paradox delivers great games? We are looking for a Senior Producer - apply today to be part of our exciting journey!
About the role
As a Senior Producer on Crusader Kings 3, you are responsible for the delivery of the project, coordinating side projects and groups as well as the delivery of smaller departmental assignments, as requested. You will own the planning and executing on the team's goals for the assigned project, in line with the Production Director and studio targets and ambitions, as well as making sure the project is delivered on time and within budget. As a Producer you work in close collaboration with the other studio producers, promoting a positive and solution oriented approach, championing a healthy and open work environment where transparency and team-play are in focus. You are also expected to coach and mentor more junior producers, and work in close collaboration with the Production Director on realising studio goals.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Align with Game Director on vision and direction for the project, as well as design and focus for the game and the team
- Define and create project plans, short and long term, ensuring roadmap is always up-to-date and clearly communicated
- Secure staff and resources needed to deliver on agreed plans, tracking availability and capacity, handling project side vacation approvals
- Work with the Leads Team to align on scope and priorities, ensuring work is estimated and risks identified
- Ensure the development team is aligned and informed of plans, goals and expectations
- Maintain and update product backlog in JIRA (ensuring standards are met and database is curated and actively groomed)
- Align regularly with Tech Lead to ensure branch planning is effectively managed across platforms and storefronts
- Work closely with QA Lead on test planning and scheduling, ensuring sufficient support (internal & external) pre- and post-release, regular bug triages and alignment between player issues/community sentiment and planned fixes
- Playing the game!
- 5+ years experience working with a game development team
- Previous experience from a Project Management or Producer role
- Knowledge and interest in agile methods
- Knowledge of JIRA will be considered an advantage
This role requires extensive experience from game development, ideally seeing one or several titles through all stages of production, as well as post release support. Previous experience with live teams, console development and working with external studios will be highly advantageous for this role. Additionally, a strong interest in the strategy genre - and ideally PDS games - is greatly appreciated.
We believe that to succeed in this role, you strive to understand what it takes to deliver successful games to a loyal player base with high expectations, both in terms of delivering on the Game Director's vision and keeping your team focused and motivated. You support your team by removing blockers and communicating clear goals and priorities, enabling them to focus their work & make great games!
Scope: Full time and permanent
Reports to: Production Director
Location: This position is based in Stockholm
If you think that this description matches you, we highly encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we will interview candidates continuously. If you don't match all the requirements, please demonstrate how your passion, attitude and interest in Paradox might compensate for this.
At Paradox Interactive we celebrate difference and care deeply about diversity and inclusion. We therefore encourage you, no matter who you are, to apply for this job if you think you’d be a great addition to our team.