Senior Game Designer - Stellaris
Are you a creative and dedicated games industry professional with experience in game design with a passion for 4X and Grand Strategy games? Are you interested in Paradox Development Studio and our brands and with a desire to help us bring them to the next level? Then you may be the one we’re looking for!
As a Game Designer on Stellaris working internally with the development studio in Stockholm, you will be an on-site project team member where you will be involved in designing gameplay features and systems under the guidance of the Game Director and Project Lead. You will have a direct and influential impact on the quality and feel of the game. Organizationally, you will report to the Design Manager and become an internal member of the Game Design department at Paradox Development Studio.
We are seeking new employees that enjoy working in a team where everyone supports each other but you are also given the freedom and responsibility to take charge of a task and deliver. We care about quality and are motivated by the idea of our many fans around the world praising your work after release. You will thrive in a modern, creative environment where people working with you love their jobs and the games we make.
- Designing and writing documentation for gameplay features and mechanics under the direction of the Game Director with room for creative contributions
- Expand on the design details and identify issues with the existing game design
- Balance and tune both new and existing gameplay features and systems
- Engaging in research on related topics to find inspiration for designing memorable gaming experiences
- Defining asset needs required for the game design and communicating those effectively to the Game Director, Project Lead, Artists, and Audio Department
- Work closely with the Artists and Programmers to make sure the design is properly implemented according to the specification
- At least five years of professional games industry experience in Game Design
- Fluent in speaking English and able to write design documentation in English
- Ability to work highly independently with assigned tasks and take responsibility for delivering game design specifications according to the project’s schedule
- Knowledge and experience of Stellaris and other Paradox Development Studio's Grand Strategy Games
- Experience programming or scripting is a plus
- Experience creating mods for Stellaris is a plus
- Knowledge and interest in Science Fiction
At Paradox Development Studio, we desire individuals that are capable of open and clear communication skills within their team and co-workers. As Designers, we strive to cooperate with each other by sharing and receiving constructive feedback while trying to be a positive influence on other team members and support each other.
We would like your application to include any relevant work samples and/or a link to your portfolio if you have one or any Paradox game mods you have released publicly. We are especially interested in writing samples and any other content that you have produced for games or other media.
Scope: Full-time and permanent
Reports to: Design Manager
Some of our benefits include:
If you think that this description matches you, we highly encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we will interview candidates continuously. If you don't match all the requirements, please demonstrate how your passion, attitude and interest in Paradox might compensate for this.
At Paradox Interactive we celebrate difference and care deeply about diversity and inclusion. We therefore encourage you, no matter who you are, to apply for this job if you think you’d be a great addition to our team.