Senior Engine Programmer - Grand Strategy Tech
Being a Senior Engine Programmer as part of the Grand Strategy Game (GSG) Tech team, you would develop new and existing systems in the Clausewitz Engine that powers Paradox Development Studio’s world-class Grand Strategy Games such as Imperator: Rome, Stellaris and Crusader Kings III. You will also play a crucial role in bringing our titles to as many users as possible by developing support for different operating systems and distribution platforms.
- Design and develop new functionality in the Clausewitz Engine
- Improve and optimise existing engine and low-level systems
- Develop and maintain support for Windows, macOS and Linux platforms
- Develop and maintain support for different distribution platforms such as Steam, MS Store, GOG, and Paradox Store
- Mentor less experienced programmers on the team
- Senior C++ Programmer
- Experience developing on Windows (Visual Studio) and macOS or Linux
- Experience using Git and CMake
- Service-oriented attitude with strong teamwork and communication skills
- High level of spoken and written English
Experience in the following is a plus
- Experience of working within the games industry
- Experience developing for console
- Experience with/interest in GUI programming
The right candidate is passionate about our games and is an experienced or senior programmer who is motivated to write efficient and high-quality code. You will be an important part of the Grand Strategy Games Tech team who work closely with our game teams to deliver robust, efficient and flexible systems that bring our Grand Strategy Games to our fans. At Paradox, we pride ourselves in providing opportunities to develop and learn new skills so we are looking for candidates who are interested in expanding their talents and working with new technologies.
Paradox Development Studio
At Paradox Development Studio we enjoy working close to our products and our fans and our developers regularly interact with players through forums and events, such as PDXCon. We think it’s important to get to know our colleagues so we end each Friday with a social hour at 4pm where we embrace our nerdy culture by chatting over a beer or breaking out into meeting rooms with board games and old video game consoles. Paradox consists of employees from all around the globe and we’re happy to offer relocation support for people applying from outside of Sweden.
Some of our benefits include:
- Game access
- Parental care allowance
- Healthcare allowance
- 30 days vacation
- Pension savings
- Flexible work hours
If you think that this description matches you, we highly encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we will interview candidates continuously. If you don't match all the requirements, please demonstrate how your passion, attitude and interest in Paradox might compensate for this.
At Paradox Interactive we celebrate difference and care deeply about diversity and inclusion. We therefore encourage you, no matter who you are, to apply for this job if you think you’d be a great addition to our team.