Senior Concept Artist - (Unannounced Non-Historical GSG)
Are you a creative and dedicated game developer who loves a challenge? Paradox Development Studio is excited to be working on a new unannounced non-historical grand strategy game, which will take GSGs to the next level ! Sounds interesting ? Then you may be the one we’re looking for!
As a Senior Concept Artist, you will be a champion in the Concept Art Team. You will be entrusted with a large degree of freedom to define the art style, texture and richness of our games.
- Work with the Art Director and Leads to develop the look and feel of our game through thoroughly researched, richly detailed and extensively iterated concept art.
- Craft detailed art, ranging from precise model sheets to full-screen illustrations, and marketing material.
- Develop style guides, creative briefs and art quality benchmarks for outsourcing and the team.
- Review and feedback on work produced by external artists.
- Collaborate closely with the Art Producers to breakdown and delegate tasks.
- Mentor less experienced artists and lead by example with organised workflows and efficient processes.
- 8+ years experience creating concept art to a high standard - from scratch - with a focus on character design but also including vehicles, environments and buildings.
- Mastery of 2D art fundamentals: Anatomy, Composition, Lighting, Material Expression, Color Use, etc and highly skilled in Photoshop.
- Experience with 3D (for example: ZBrush, Maya or Sketchup).
- Strong creative process to translate gameplay requirements into visual designs: information gathering, research, thumbnailing, detailing, and iterations.
- Articulate in contextualizing decisions, communicating ideas and giving and receiving feedback in English
- Vision and restraint to create concepts with tangible value over technical intricacy
- Ability to create, adapt, and iterate, within a variety of artistic styles
The right candidate shows a solid understanding of the strategy game genre and a passion for worldbuilding. Mentoring experience or additional skills like familiarity with ZBrush, Maya & Sketchup, Keyshot, Octane or 3D Coat would be a bonus but not essential.
This is a great opportunity to have a huge impact with the world's leading developer for Grand Strategy games!
As part of the recruitment process, you may be asked to perform a test.
Some of our benefits include:
If you think that this description matches you, we highly encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we will interview candidates continuously. If you don't match all the requirements, please demonstrate how your passion, attitude and interest in Paradox might compensate for this.
At Paradox Interactive we celebrate difference and care deeply about diversity and inclusion. We therefore encourage you, no matter who you are, to apply for this job if you think you’d be a great addition to our team.