Programmer Manager - Grand Strategy Tech
Being a Programmer Manager as part of the Grand Strategy Game (GSG) Tech team at Paradox Development Studio means working closely with a team of passionate C++ developers, with the goal of delivering robust technology so that the game teams can deliver genre-leading projects efficiently.
You will be part of a team of managers who aim to motivate, coach, and grow the Clausewitz Engine team, the GSG Tools team and the Build and Automation team - both in size and in professional development. You will also be part of projects and initiatives within the department to improve our processes and workflows and how we interact with other parts of the company. At Paradox we foster a culture of ownership and autonomy, and you will be a champion as well as an enabler for your team to be able to embrace this philosophy of self-leadership.
We have ambitious goals for the future and are looking for someone to help us achieve them.
- Direct management of 8-12 Programmers which consists of regular 1:1 Meetings, development talks, salary talks and helping to find opportunities for them to grow and develop.
- Mentoring and coaching developers to help them level-up and remain engaged with Paradox.
- Being part of the Programmer Recruitment process by taking part in interviews, reviewing applicants, iterating on the process and training others to be more involved in recruitment.
- Ensuring that our programmers have the right tools to do their best work, both in terms of development tools and software but also with regards to training and building their skill set.
- Running and supporting projects and initiatives as part of the GSG Tech Leadership team, such as workshop days, process evaluations, social events and evaluating new software/tools.
- Supporting the GSG Tech Department in communicating and working with other parts of the company and in building the right teams of people for the problems we are solving.
- Promoting a healthy and diverse work environment which is welcoming to all while also building a strong culture and sense of purpose within our teams.
- A strong desire to build high performing teams of programmers who have a high sense of autonomy and ownership over their work.
- A track record of coaching and mentoring other developers and/or leading development teams to successful delivery.
- You come from a background where you’ve been part of the software development process, as well as contributing with code yourself as a developer.
- If you have previous experience from working in C++ it will be in your favor, but it is not required.
- You should aspire to be a great leader who cares deeply for the health and development of his/her team.
The right candidate is passionate about our games and is an experienced programmer who has been or are interested in becoming a manager. As a Programmer Manager you will also be an important part of the Grand Strategy Games Tech leadership team and work closely with other teams to deliver robust, efficient and flexible systems that bring our Grand Strategy Games to our fans. At Paradox, we pride ourselves in providing opportunities to develop and learn new skills so we are looking for candidates who are interested in expanding their talents and working with new technologies.
Some of our benefits include:
If you think that this description matches you, we highly encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we will interview candidates continuously. If you don't match all the requirements, please demonstrate how your passion, attitude and interest in Paradox might compensate for this.
At Paradox Interactive we celebrate difference and care deeply about diversity and inclusion. We therefore encourage you, no matter who you are, to apply for this job if you think you’d be a great addition to our team.