The Production Director is responsible for creating, collaborating on, driving and executing plans to ensure we can build a stable and profitable studio both short term and long term. The Production Director holds a holistic view of the games development, and works closely with Studio Manager, Game Director and Product Group to realize the full potential of the games we make from a product and development perspective.
The role manages and coaches a team of Producers and helps both this team but also the studio at large to develop a wider product and business perspective. A Production Director helps the Producers expand and develop their production skills, establishing a professional and sustainable process to support the development of our games.
The Production Director at PDS Green plays a key role in developing our relationships with external partners and coaching the team on best practices for outsourcing and co-development efforts.
This is a key role in the PDS Green Studio Leadership team and covers a broad range of product and development focused areas - it requires the ability to work both on an operational & strategic level, as well as managing Producers and ensuring career growth.
- Work together with the Studio Manager & Game Director to help create the Studio Business Plan and product roadmap.
- Ensuring that Producers have appropriate support and challenge in their work.
- Creating and following up on career plans and growth.
- Foster a dynamic and collaborative team environment, including but not limited to, coordinating educational opportunities for the team, coordinating mentorships and team-building.
- Coaching Producers on setting good practices for clear communication around status, risk and progress.
- Developing good planning practices that connect the dots between game development and Roadmaps and Studio Business Plans.
- Department forecast and financial planning for Production at PDS Green.
- Assist the Studio Manager with relevant strategic & operational tasks.
- Play the game!
- The Production Director reports directly to the Studio Manager and is expected to advise on strategy and take ownership of the production of our games and related initiatives.
- Close collaboration with Game Directors on finding good ways of working that allows for the creation of great games and experiences.
- Managing and coaching the Production Team.
- Supporting the Product and Marketing teams.
- Managing external relationships with partner Studios.
- +10 years of relevant experience. Project management or game industry experience.
- Experience in working with external partners.
- Managing budgets and invoicing.
- (this is a plus) Experience in negotiating terms and conditions with external partners.
If you think that this description matches you, we highly encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we will interview candidates continuously. If you don't match all the requirements, please demonstrate how your passion, attitude, and interest in Paradox might compensate for this.
At Paradox Interactive we celebrate difference and care deeply about diversity and inclusion. We, therefore, encourage you, no matter who you are, to apply for this job if you think you’d be a great addition to our team.