Head of Operations (Paradox Arctic)
Paradox Interactive is looking for a Head of Operations for its studio in Umeå, Paradox Arctic. Paradox Arctic is looking to make deep, appealing and personal games and will be working with expanding the definition of Paradox Strategy Games. At the studio you will, together with the Studio Manager, have the opportunity to grow and strengthen a workplace where game developers feel safe and inspired to make great games that become future classics.
About the studio
Paradox Arctic opened up its doors in 2014 and has worked on games such as Magicka 2, Crusader Kings 2 and console versions of Stellaris and Pillars of Eternity. Since late 2020 the studio has been working together with its sister studio, PDS Green in Stockholm, to deliver great new content for Stellaris. The studio also houses a world-class experimental team that works laterally across all Paradox Studios to help grow strategic initiatives and universal game improvements.
Paradox Arctic is a small studio with a strong culture and passionate game developers from all stripes of life. We aim to break down barriers between disciplines and believe that great games come from honest and open collaboration. The studio is looking at making its mark and growing over the upcoming years and aims to challenge the concept of what makes a good strategy game while retaining a focus on profitability and self-reliance.
About the role
As Head of Operations, you will be responsible for running and improving the studio operations. You will support and manage individual developers, fostering a healthy and creative company culture, and making sure all the things required for a successful business are in place. Working closely with the studio manager you will be responsible for realizing the studio vision and create an organization that can deliver great games.
- Manage up to 20 game developers of different disciplines.
- Responsible for Studio culture & work environment.
- Support and define the operational processes that ensure the studio delivers on the vision and expectations set by Studio Manager and Paradox Interactive.
- Grow the organization and processes that can deliver on the games and the studio business plan.
- Responsible for Staff & HR relations for the studio.
- Together with the studio manager, define the needs of the organisation when it comes to staffing and skills.
- Together with the Studio Manager be responsible for the forecasting for the studio.
- Ensuring the smooth running of the organisation by making sure everything from the office to IT is set up properly.
- Experience in a management or leader role.
- Experience working in game or software development (Art, Design, Production, QA or Code).
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- Understanding of business functions such as HR, Finance, IT, Marketing etc.
- Interest or passion for games is considered an advantage.
On a personal level, you have a passion for coaching people and for organizational development, good decision-making abilities and you have a knack for solving problems you haven’t come across before. You have good communication skills and an ability to build trust and credibility with stakeholders on all levels. Finally, you are committed to the needs of the team under changing and new circumstances.
Scope: Full time and permanent
Reports to: Studio Manager
If you think that this description matches you, we highly encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we will interview candidates continuously. If you don't match all the requirements, please demonstrate how your passion, attitude and interest in Paradox might compensate for this.
At Paradox Interactive we celebrate difference and care deeply about diversity and inclusion. We therefore encourage you, no matter who you are, to apply for this job if you think you’d be a great addition to our team.