(Closed) Game Design Internship
As part of our development, Paradox Interactive - Playrion is looking for a Junior Game Designer to accompany and help the design team.
About the role
As a Junior Game Designer, you will be an important part of the game team and you will work on game management/tycoon projects in the field of aeronautics.
We are looking for an inquisitive, passionate and motivated person to join our growing studio, which has been a market leader for over 5 years.
Under the responsibility of the Lead Game Designer and in a design team of 3 people, the objectives of this internship are:
- Participate in the balancing of gameplay mechanics and game systems
- Integrate and setup game content using Unity Engine
- Conceive and develop design documentations
- Follow the development of features and ensure their proper implementation
- Work in Agile/Scrum mode and communicate clearly with the rest of the team (Dev, Art, Producing)
- Follow beta tests and report on areas of improvement
- Assist the Lead Game Designer on cross-functional missions
- A degree in Game Design and looking for a last year internship
- You are particularly sensitive to User Experience and usability issues.
- Good knowledge of the Unity engine and Git (SourceTree)
- Good spreadsheet skills (formula, macro, index...)
- Be able to schematize behaviors and game situations
- Excellent interpersonal skills, you are rigorous and autonomous
- Curious and analytical, you keep yourself regularly informed of new developments and new trends in mobile games,
- French language is a plus but not required
You will be working in a fast growing company. The company is young and dynamic. Everything is done to make sure that every member of Playrion is happy to come and work here. You will benefit from the advantages of a human-sized company while enjoying the benefits of a large international group.
- Profit sharing,
- Reimbursement of 50% of the ticket
- Luncheon voucher
- Playzone, resting room…
If you think that this description matches you, we highly encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we will interview candidates continuously. If you don't match all the requirements, please demonstrate how your passion, attitude and interest in Paradox might compensate for this.
At Paradox Interactive we celebrate difference and care deeply about diversity and inclusion. We therefore encourage you, no matter who you are, to apply for this job if you think you’d be a great addition to our team.