Experienced Concept Artist
Are you an inventive artist, skilled in a variety of techniques and a seasoned expert in developing inspiring concepts to a high standard?
Paradox is looking for a Experienced Concept Artist to be a champion in the Concept Art Team. You will be entrusted with a large degree of freedom to define the art style, texture and richness of our titles across a wide variety of themes - from historically accurate period conflicts to fantastic space faring colonization!
- Work with Art Directors to develop the look and feel of our games through thoroughly researched, richly detailed and extensively iterated concept art.
- Craft detailed in-game art, ranging from small interface icons to full-screen illustrations, and marketing material.
- Develop style guides, creative briefs and art quality benchmarks for outsourcing and the team.
- Review and feedback on work produced by external artists.
- Collaborate closely with the Art Producers to breakdown and delegate tasks.
- Mentor less experienced artists and lead by example with organised workflows and efficient processes.
- 7+ years experience creating concept art to a high standard - from scratch - including environments, characters, props, clothing, hair, hard surface and vehicles.
- Mastery of 2D art fundamentals: Anatomy, Composition, Lighting, Material Expression, Color Use, etc and highly skilled in Photoshop, ZBrush, Maya & Sketchup
- Strong creative process to translate gameplay requirements into visual designs: information gathering, research, thumbnailing, detailing, and iterations.
- Articulate in contextualizing decisions, communicating ideas and giving and receiving feedback in English
- Vision and restraint to create concepts with tangible value over technical intricacy
- Ability to create, adapt, and iterate, within a variety of artistic styles
It would be great if you had a passion for the strategy game genre and an understanding of world culture or history. Mentoring experience or additional skills like familiarity with Keyshot, Octane or 3D Coat would be a bonus but not essential.
This is a great opportunity to have a huge impact with the world's leading developer for Grand Strategy games! So you would also score bonus points if you have a passion for the genre, an interest in world culture, history knowledge and skills or training in mentoring to bring to this senior role.
As part of the recruitment process, you may be asked to perform a test.
Some of our benefits include:
If you think that this description matches you, we highly encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we will interview candidates continuously. If you don't match all the requirements, please demonstrate how your passion, attitude and interest in Paradox might compensate for this.
At Paradox Interactive we celebrate difference and care deeply about diversity and inclusion. We therefore encourage you, no matter who you are, to apply for this job if you think you’d be a great addition to our team.