Developer Relations Specialist
At Paradox, we are focused on bringing value to our community by creating groundbreaking features for both players and game developers. If you are a passionate, customer focused professional who would like to work at a successful games company, full of people passionate about technology and games, read on and learn how you can be part of the fun and talented DevOps department!
The recently established Developer Relations team is now looking for an experienced service focused professional to assist Game Studios in identifying and matching their requirements with the products and services provided by the DevOps department within Paradox Interactive. These products and services comprise the Paradox ecosystem which includes the Paradox Account service, Paradox Mods, cross-platform multiplayer, social/player features (leaderboards, cloud saves, forums, etc.), the Paradox Store, the Paradox Game SDK, and much more!
In this role you will primarily coordinate with Game Studio teams and producers to understand their needs, verify existing implementations of our APIs/features, and provide hands-on support during integrations. Furthermore, you will be the main point of contact in coordinating between the Game Studios and relevant teams/departments within DevOps (and to an extent Paradox Interactive).
You will facilitate the delivery of the requested products and services, ensuring their correct implementation. Your ability to work independently is meaningful as you will have one-to-one relationships with the different Game Producers and Game Directors. You will rely upon your excellent interpersonal skills during these engagements in order to communicate opportunities and challenges both internally and externally to the department.
Finally, you should be comfortable working in a dynamic environment experiencing constant change. You will work closely with all of the Paradox game development studios, as well as the publishing organization, to maximize the consumption of our services and to guarantee we continue to deliver the signature Paradox experience.
What You Will Be Doing
- Help the Game Studios understand how our technology can accelerate their development by providing ready-made solutions to common technical challenges.
- Supporting Studios by guiding them through the resolution of technical problems relating to our technology and products.
- Onboarding Game Studios onto Paradox’s technical publishing platform and ensuring they are implementing Paradox best practices
- Organizing and tracking the feature set and services provided by Paradox’s publishing platform, suggesting changes to the prioritization of their Roadmaps based on the requirements gathered from Game Studios.
- Create collaborative processes (both formal & informal) between Game Studios and DevOps teams.
What We Need To See
- Experience in a similar customer-facing, technical service delivery role.
- Technical Game Development knowledge, with experience of programming languages and game engines.
- Ability to articulate & demonstrate technical solutions to developers.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Previous experience of creating and maintaining technical documentation.
Ways To Stand Out From The Crowd
- Good understanding and practical experience of Agile methodologies.
- Previous experience of working at a publisher, developer, or major game platform company.
Some Of Our Benefits Include
If you think that this description matches you, we highly encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we will interview candidates continuously. If you don't match all the requirements, please demonstrate how your passion, attitude and interest in Paradox might compensate for this.
At Paradox Interactive we celebrate difference and care deeply about diversity and inclusion. We therefore encourage you, no matter who you are, to apply for this job if you think you’d be a great addition to our team.