Design Manager - Crusader Kings III
Are you a creative and dedicated tech industry professional with experience in game design? Are you a humble and learning focused leader who wants to coach people through their career? Are you interested in Paradox Development Studio and our brands and eager to help us take them to the next level? Then you may be the one we’re looking for!
As a Design Manager on the Crusader Kings III team at our development studio in Stockholm, you will be manager of our Game Designers with the overall responsibility for enabling the team to thrive and deliver on their tasks. As Design Manager you will also work directly with the game, and you will have a direct and influential impact on the quality and feel of the game.
We are seeking people who are able to take on a lead role in a multi domain discipline. The Game Designers on your team specializes in designing and implementing features, mechanics and systems. They may also write narrative and conduct research as well as implement and balance their designs within the game. As their manager, being able to navigate these elements is an important part of the job.
- Assume personnel responsibilities and directly manage the Game Designers on the team.
- Set clear design goals and expectations for design tasks, and occasionally act as lead designer on feature teams.
- Coordinate between feature teams on a project level and make sure feature teams have feature owners.
- Fostering an open and trusting environment
- Assure staffing needs are met on our projects
- Performance evaluations & feedback
- Manager experience within a team or department
- Passion for leadership, mentoring and coaching, as well as organizational development
- Experience working in a role that requires a mix of a mind for strategy as well as excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Experience as Game Designer
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
As a person, we think you are the type who enjoys seeing the people around you improve and who gains satisfaction from helping others overcome their obstacles. You know how to apply your own experience and learnings from working as a designer. As a manager you are attentive and humble and are able to coach your team members to develop on a professional level. You understand the importance of building trust and you know how to be open and approachable. You are not afraid of conflicts and you are able to navigate them in a constructive manner.
You are comfortable in decision making and can easily anticipate the impact and consequences it will have. You also have experience working in a large organization, and understand the organizational challenges and processes associated with company growth.
Scope: Full time and permanent
Reports to: Design Director
Some of our benefits include:
If you think that this description matches you, we highly encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we will interview candidates continuously. If you don't match all the requirements, please demonstrate how your passion, attitude and interest in Paradox might compensate for this.
At Paradox Interactive we celebrate difference and care deeply about diversity and inclusion. We therefore encourage you, no matter who you are, to apply for this job if you think you’d be a great addition to our team.