Are you an inventive artist, skilled in a variety of techniques and experience developing inspiring concepts to a high standard? Paradox is looking for a Concept Artist to join our Concept Art Team. You will be working closely with the Art Director to develop and define the art style, texture and richness of a grand strategy game, with a heavy focus on historical accuracy.
- Work with Art Directors to develop the look and feel of our games through thoroughly researched, richly detailed and extensively iterated concept art.
- Craft additional required art for our games, such as small or full-screen illustrations and marketing materials.
- Contribute to the style guides, creative briefs and art quality benchmarks for outsourcing and the team.
- Depending on seniority you will also be expected to Review and feedback on work produced by external artists.
- Collaborate closely with the Art Producers to breakdown tasks.
- 3+ years experience creating concept art to a high standard - from scratch - including environments, characters, props, clothing, hair, hard surface and vehicles
- Solid understanding of 2D art fundamentals: Anatomy, Composition, Lighting, Material Expression, Color Use, etc and skilled in Photoshop
- Strong creative process to translate gameplay requirements into visual designs: information gathering, research, thumbnailing, detailing, and iterations
- Articulate in contextualizing decisions, communicating ideas and giving and receiving feedback in English
- Vision and restraint to create concepts with tangible value over technical intricacy
- Ability to create, adapt, and iterate, within a variety of artistic styles
It would be great if you had a passion for the strategy game genre and an understanding of world culture or history. Additional skills like familiarity with ZBrush, Maya & Sketchup, Keyshot, Octane or 3D Coat would be a bonus but not essential.
This is a great opportunity to be part of the world's leading developer for Grand Strategy games! So you would also score bonus points if you have a passion for the genre, an interest in world culture, and historical knowledge.
As part of the recruitment process, you may be asked to perform a test.
Some of our benefits include:
- Game access
- Parental care allowance
- Healthcare allowance
- 30 days vacation
- Pension savings
- Flexible work hours
If you think that this description matches you, we highly encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we will interview candidates continuously. If you don't match all the requirements, please demonstrate how your passion, attitude and interest in Paradox might compensate for this.
At Paradox Interactive we celebrate difference and care deeply about diversity and inclusion. We therefore encourage you, no matter who you are, to apply for this job if you think you’d be a great addition to our team.