3D Character Artist
We are looking for 3D Character artists with a broad skillset who could take on a variety of 3D character creation tasks, primarily focusing on realistic characters, with a high degree of historical accuracy in clothing and associated props.
- Create characters, clothing, hairstyles and character props needed by the game projects.
- Help setup and drive the character art vision for the game in collaboration with AD and leads.
- Help setup technical and visual targets/benchmarks for the team/external partners to follow. Document techniques used with visual examples.
- Follow established pipelines to deliver the best results in the given amount of time.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively and proactively with other team members, to achieve the art quality and schedule targets set by the AD and the producers.
- Participate in regular peer review meetings, giving and receiving feedback in a positive manner.
- Working with External Development partners (writing briefs, feedback, and implementation of outsourced assets into the inhouse game engine)
- Participate in sprint planning, task scoping and estimation. Keeping work organised and the production team informed.
- 3-6 years of character creation experience working in the games industry
- Good working knowledge in Zbrush, Marvelous Designer and Substance Painter.
- Strong skills in Maya/Max and Photoshop
- Knowledge of skinning, rigging, technical constraints and engine implementation.
- Comfortable using English in spoken and written form.
- An interest and understanding of world culture and history
The right candidate is passionate about Paradox grand-strategy games and about maintaining historical accuracy, which is central to many of our IPs.
At Paradox we take pride in providing opportunities for our artists to develop and learn new skills. Therefore we also actively look for people who are interested in expanding their talents.
Ideal Paradox employees enjoy working in a fast paced open work environment, and have good communication and pedagogical skills.
Please provide a link to your portfolio to showcase your talents.
Some of our benefits include:
- Game access
- Parental care allowance
- Healthcare allowance
- 30 days vacation
- Pension savings
- Flexible work hours
If you think that this description matches you, we highly encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we will interview candidates continuously. If you don't match all the requirements, please demonstrate how your passion, attitude and interest in Paradox might compensate for this.
At Paradox Interactive we celebrate difference and care deeply about diversity and inclusion. We therefore encourage you, no matter who you are, to apply for this job if you think you’d be a great addition to our team.