Senior Backend Developer Elixir
PandaScore is the e-sports data provider. We collect real-time data about competitive matches on video games such as League of Legends, CS:GO or Rocket League. Then, we deliver it in real-time as odds & statistics through a REST API and Websockets to the e-sports ecosystem. We currently work with worldwide media, professional teams, and score apps among others to enable the growth of their business with our data!
To collect real-time data from e-sports, PandaScore extracts raw data from live video feeds (Twitch, Youtube Live, …) using a Computer Vision & Deep Learning based software architecture.
PandaScore has been expanding to e-sports betting market for a year now to become the first data provider in one of the most developed markets in the industry.
Why are we doing all this? 🤷
Sports is huge, no spoiler there. More recently video games have changed the way we experience entertainment (through streaming, easy matchmaking, and so on) and are reaching the same standard as traditional sports. E-sports is experiencing the same evolution as traditional sports has gone through over past decades, but in just a few years. The growth is truly incredible.
At PandaScore we want to help the growth of the industry by providing data and odds to businesses. We want to have the most reliable and accurate data so products can be built in e-sport with the same, if not better, experience as sports. Our customers are using our data in an automatic and real-time way. This means that if we fail in any way there will be a big impact in a few milliseconds. As such, building robust products is key.
We also strongly believe that our combination of AI and Computer Vision can one day make a huge impact not just on e-sports, but on traditional sports as well. We are not closing any doors.
Our challenges at Pandascore Engineering Team
- Delivering data at a large scale, with high-level integrity, accuracy and availability expectations
- Build the most efficient interactions between AI and human inputs
- Build a scalable stack in a fast-moving business environment
As a Pandascore Backend Developer
You will be part of the Pandascore adventure, as a key moment in term of growth & opportunities.
You will work on our AI-based product used in real-time by professional traders & bookmarkers 24/7 all over the world with the highest standard of SLA.
You will be working along with :
- other developers
- data scientists
- data managers
- esport traders.
You will join a collaborative team, working together in an agile environment with a strong engineering culture.
You will deliver high quality, tested and maintainable code, build new features and challenge specs in coordination with the product team.
You will write code that, a year from now, you will be able to look at and not wonder what on earth you were thinking.
You will continuously learn and improve codebase quality along with the entire engineering team, mentored by talented people.
- Ruby on Rails
What you’ll need 💪
- 4+ years of experience working as a Backend or Fullstack Developer
- 1+ years of experience working on Elixir
- A passion for code quality and overall development best practices
- Good communication skills to work in team
- To be fluent in English
Bonus points 👌
- Experience with Erlang
- Experience with real-time interfaces
- Experience with high volume and availability interfaces
What’s in it for you 🎁
- Gaming room (PS4, PCs, Switch)
- Video game credits 🤘
- Central office in Paris (Ⓜ️Bonne Nouvelle)
- Other usual perks (health insurance, transportation participation, lunch coupon)
- Work in a fast-paced, high-growth industry with innovation as our motto