WHO WE ARE
Paidia is an innovation company at the nexus of gaming, technology and media. Our mission is to build a safe gaming community for women and allies to engage, empower, connect, learn and play. The company is led by industry experts who are motivated to provide sophisticated solutions that encourage positive voices within the community.
We are pioneering complete gaming connectivity by offering a fully integrated system, PaidaPassage+:
- A PORTAL that brings the entire world of gaming into one platform, and seamlessly combines community, content, tournaments, gameplay and rewards.
- LIVE & ON-DEMAND CLASSES for members that match their goals, experience level and schedule. No marks, just fun : )
- HARDWARE & PERIPHERALS available with a monthly subscription, creating a simple and affordable solution for members to build their gaming community.
We are building an inclusive and supportive community that feels safe for everyone. We are looking for individuals who love gaming as much as we do and share our mission to join our team.
Paidia’s Senior Developer is the principal architect of its member platform. As the first hire of the technical team, the Senior Developer will have the unique opportunity of executing a go-to-market platform strategy for the business to reach and engage new members and ensure retention onsite. Reporting to the Director of Platform and Social, the Senior Developer is passionate about user experience and platform performance alike. They will play an important role in establishing a unique and thoughtful approach to community management and online experiences. With the product team, they will develop a world-class system for delighting users on the front end with pixel-perfect design implementation, and measuring key metrics on the back end. The Senior Developer will have a hand in developing and maintaining Paidia’s platform, and providing recommendations as the platform scales to match the growth in members and site traffic. They take an iterative approach to development and balance tasks by assessing evolving priorities of the business.
- Leverage CMS and lead the development of Paidia’s member-facing experiences on desktop and mobile (Android and iOS)
- Implement visually impactful user experiences that rival those found on top gaming platforms
- Develop all UI and front-end programming with optimization and scalability in mind
- Maintain UI as the Paidia platform evolves
- Write automated tests and perform platform code reviews while applying git protocols
- Complete application profiling, optimization analysis, and debugging
- Oversee all technical aspects of Paidia’s online platform and products through development, testing, and maintenance phases
- Participate in product road mapping sessions, providing technical recommendations to inform product direction
- Lead innovation in areas/technologies that support Padia’s mission
- Arm the Director of Platform and Social with necessary info for championing opportunities for new platform technology development
- Partner with the Director of Platform and Social to identify opportunities for growth in the Paidia technical team and assist with recruitment when appropriate
- Establish workflows and methodologies to be adopted by the Paidia tech team
- Cultivate a supportive and collaborative working environment, always looking for ways to work cross-functionally
- 3-5+ years development experience
- Experience working with the third-party platform and API integrations
- Familiarity leveraging a CMS, such as Contently or Sanity
- Proven experience building dynamic apps and desktop platforms
- Experience writing automated tests within a test suite
- Experience working with Typescript, Photoshop, Flash, Flex and Illustrator would be considered an asset
- Deep understanding of the gaming industry and familiarity with current platforms and communities serving players
- Passion for diversity and inclusion, especially as it relates to removing barriers for women and girls
- Strong technical acumen and experience managing CMS platforms, building websites and launching digital products
- Fluent in modern tech languages for both front and backend applications
- A default to curiosity, creativity, and thinking outside the box to solve challenges and allow for growth
- Used to working in a fast-paced environment and eager to jump into startup life
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $90,000.00-$115,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
- What excites you most about this position?
- Software development: 3 years (preferred)