Chief Marketing Officer
WHO WE ARE
Paidia is an innovation company at the nexus of gaming, technology and media. Our mission is to build a safe gaming community for women and allies to engage, empower, connect, learn and play. The company is led by industry experts who are motivated to provide sophisticated solutions that encourage positive voices within the community.
We are pioneering complete gaming connectivity by offering a fully integrated system, PaidaPassage+:
- A PORTAL that brings the entire world of gaming into one platform, and seamlessly combines community, content, tournaments, gameplay and rewards.
- LIVE & ON-DEMAND CLASSES for members that match their goals, experience level and schedule. No marks, just fun : )
- HARDWARE & PERIPHERALS available with a monthly subscription, creating a simple and affordable solution for members to build their gaming community.
We are building an inclusive and supportive community that feels safe for everyone. We are looking for individuals who love gaming as much as we do and share our mission to join our team.
Paidia’s Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) is a key member of the leadership team and responsible for devising and executing a growth marketing strategy for the company. The CMO confidently develops marketing strategies for the long-term and deploys resources effectively against these plans to realize their vision and goals. They are an experienced and skilled leader who values collaboration and has a proven track record of growing audiences in a digital environment. The CMO routinely thinks outside of the box to approach growth-focused marketing with passion, energy, and creativity. As a modern marketer, they are familiar with performance marketing, partnership marketing, audience development, PR, communications, content production, paid media and social media strategy, and will train their team members in these areas. They have a deep understanding of the key drivers of acquisition and retention in gaming and can easily relate to members of Paidia’s demographic seeking cutting-edge brands with cultural cachet.
- Collaborate with senior leadership to develop strategies to grow member community and establish brand identity within multiple sales channels
- Champion brand awareness internally and partner with leadership to capitalize on marketing opportunities and ensure all product-related decisions are made with Paidia’s brand identity in mind
- Build and maintain strong relationships with external stakeholders, vendors and suppliers
- Deliver industry, product, and market insights to support competitive positioning, campaign development, and strategic audience growth
- Establish KPIs for the marketing department that aligns with Paidia’s overall company visions and goals
- Own the research and analytics strategy, developing a regular reporting process to leadership on progress toward strategic marketing KPIs/goals
- Establish well-researched pricing models for all Paidia products and services
- Develop and own the budget for all marketing activities
- Establish Paidia as an industry leader
- Oversee the execution of all marketing and promotions-related activities
- Use 360 data to optimize marketing campaigns and drive success
- Direct overall campaigns from start to finish, including buy-ins from internal stakeholders and partners, mid-campaign optimizations, and postmortem learnings, ensuring the whole marketing department is aligned.
- Be the main point of contact for the third party Communications Agency until the Communications Manager is hired.
- Be the point of contact for the agency hired for paid advertising, driving strategic cross-promotion efforts
- Researches new marketing channels in order to unlock new growth opportunities as they surface
- Design, articulate, and lead team strategy to execute on a data-backed performance marketing plan to delivers across all department KPIs
- Plan and grow the Paidia marketing team and function in alignment with the company vision in order to meet organizational goals
- Oversee Director of Partnerships, to build and execute a strong global partnership strategy and plan.
- Oversee Manager of Creator and Collegiate Program to optimize cross-platform content and boost member engagement, and community partnerships.
- Oversee team responsible for audience engagement and retention across the platform and on social media channels, ensuring that the marketing team uses the appropriate drivers to reach goals
- Hire a Manager of Communications, who will be responsible for all member and business (corporate/investor)-facing public relations and communications efforts
- Leverage team to evaluate pulse of the gaming community to understand concerns and trends to inform all teams
- 10+ years experience leading a marketing department or team, preferably in a digital environment and focused on performance marketing
- Strong understanding of all pillars of marketing including communications, content production, social, digital, brand, paid advertising, experiential, and audience development
- Hands-on experience with CRM and SEO tools, such as Google Analytics, Google Adwords, HubSpot, WebTrends, SalesForce, etc.
- In-depth knowledge of big data analysis
- Proven understanding and delivery of strategic, external-facing communications activity
- Strong analytical skills and evidence of making data-driven decisions to inform a marketing strategy
- Passion for diversity and inclusion, especially as it relates to removing barriers for women and girls
- Deep understanding of the gaming industry and leading brands in the space
- Proven experience influencing a youth market would be considered an asset
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills including the ability to effectively present and share information across the organization and with shareholders
- Excellent negotiation and creative problem-solving skills with a proven ability to collaboratively partner with senior leaders to achieve company goals
- Experience owning a marketing budget and proven ability to manage funds effectively
- Authentic, highly creative and adaptable, able to think strategically and engage tactically
- A default to curiosity, creativity, and thinking outside the box to solve challenges and allow for growth
- Used to working in a fast-paced environment and eager to jump into startup life
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $125,000.00-$150,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
- What excites you most about this position?
- Marketing: 10 years (preferred)
- Gaming industry: 2 years (preferred)
- Team management: 8 years (preferred)