Oxide Games is looking for a Visual Effects Artist to join our team, working on a new IP AAA game with a first party publisher. Qualified individuals will be required to work hands on to set the benchmark of quality for assets in their area of expertise as well as be organized, with excellent communication skills, to support both internal and external art resources.
In this role you will…
- Implement previously authored effects in a proprietary game engine following prototyped pipelines
- Author effects from scratch using traditional techniques like spritesheet animation and scrolling textures
- Iterate on particle systems and spritesheets to create realistic, natural effects
- Collaborate closely with the engineering, design, and art teams to create beautiful and believable effects that offer creative solutions to abstract ideas/design challenges
- Willing and eager to work with scripting tools within a proprietary engine and support its future development
- Create and maintain VFX implementation documentation
What types of education and experience do you need for this role?
- Expertise in particle systems
- 3D Modeling and UV mapping skills with 3dsMax/Maya
- 2D Texturing skills Photoshop
- 2D Animation skills with After Effects
- 2+ years as a professional VFX artist or related experience
- Experience as a team member on shipped title
- Strong understanding of color theory, lighting, and animation techniques
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated, well organized, and a team-player
As a plus:
- Expertise with Houdini
- Ability to simulate fluids, fire, smoke in industry standard software.
- Scripting knowledge, such as Python or Lua, or basic knowledge of C/C++
- Experience working with proprietary engines
- Be aware of current and cutting-edge technology for 3d art production trends and processes, tools and techniques: 3D modeling, textures, materials/shaders, lighting, etc.
You will have the opportunity to help support the development of VFX art tools and help develop the VFX system into an art friend pipeline. And, as Oxide grows, your ability to grow and advance your career is what we’re all about.
Oxide Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides all employees and applicants an environment free of discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by Federal, state or local laws. We pride ourselves in the diversity of our team makes us all stronger and gives us the opportunity to deliver the best games everyone.