(Closed) Events Manager
Blizzard Entertainment’s events team is looking for an experienced events manager for the Blizzard Arena with applied skills to conceptualize, develop, lead and fully execute a variety of multifaceted esports events. A deep understanding of esports from both a competitive and a business perspective.
This events manager will have the creative, technical, marketing communication, and project management skills to directly conceptualize, design, pre-plan, and execute intimate to massive events. Keeping your creative, analytical, and multitasking skills in a high-volume environment while remaining productive, and positive is essential. Impeccable interpersonal and time-management skills will make you successful in this role.
Partner with various internal teams including esports, IT, game development, marketing, PR, Arena staff and community to skillfully gather, analyze, and distill goals and expectations. You should have the ability to craft and communicate a clear vision for an event, and then use a process-driven approach to execute the smallest details to the highest standards.
- Create groundbreaking experiences, with a global reach, in response to highly-developed goals and communication objectives.
- Comprehensively manage all details of event production, including conceptualizing, designing, preplanning (events briefs, milestones and production schedules, venue selection, scenic design, logistics, vendor selection, etc.) and fully executing, trade, consumer, media, launch and other events.
- Manage scenic design, build, and logistics for events.
- Develop, manage and reconcile event budgets. Assist with annual departmental budget development.
- Negotiate and manage event-related contracts and financial agreements.
- Work hand in hand with Event, Broadcast, and Arena Staff.
- Establish event KPIs and drive comprehensive post-event analysis and reporting.
- Create and distribute event materials such as, but not limited to, event briefs, task sheets, milestone schedules, floor plans, show flows/scripts, and production schedules to appropriate internal and externals parties with enough time to allow for evaluation and feedback prior to event-related deliverables.
- Manage projects insuring that all events are executed at the highest quality.
- Evaluate all aspects of events, including processes and procedures, with the goal of improving quality as well as cost and time efficiencies.
- Actively seek out and maintain knowledge of event design and production.
- Identify, vet, and manage vendors that share Blizzard’s expectations for quality, efficiency, and excellence. Develop and carefully maintain productive business relationships with external vendors as well as internal work associates.
- 7+ years’ experience in event planning and production
- 3+ years’ experience in an esports-related position
- Experience planning events for 1000+ attendees
- Experience in personnel and/or resource management
- A real passion for events, esports, and video games
- Impeccable organizational and time-management abilities
- Self-starting with the ability to handle multiple demanding projects simultaneously
- Remarkable attention to detail as well as ability to understand the big picture
- Experience with event broadcast in its various forms
- Solid proficiency in Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to act with discretion when handling confidential matters
- Ability to maximize resources and establish productive business relationships internally and with vendors
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with a service-oriented attitude
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Required Application Materials:
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are passionate about working at Blizzard
- Portfolio of images for events they were directly responsible for as well as samples of the documents they used to produce and manage the events.