(Closed) Visual Designer
Do you live to design stuff people use every day?
Down to live in the gritty details, and long term vision?
Are you a “let’s get shit done and crank this out” kind of person?
Overtime is hiring a Visual Designer. You’ll be part of the core team that develops new products; from visualizing early ideas, to making sure what we give to users is awesome. We’re looking for someone with 3-5 years of experience in mobile who’s excited to design something new for our fans.
Based in NYC, Overtime is funded by top venture capital firms like Andreessen Horowitz and Spark and by industry leaders like Kevin Durant and former NBA Commissioner Emeritus David Stern. Overtime is building the biggest sports network in the world for the next generation of fans. We use tech, new platforms, and new formats to drive a billion video views every month. We publish our short-form content and long-form series across 7 platforms focusing on basketball, football, soccer, and gaming. We own a pro esports team, have a fast-growing apparel business, and basically do everything differently from a standard media company. Overtime is led by seasoned entrepreneurs with deep experience in the intersecting worlds of sports and media, and a strong track record of building successful startups and guiding them through acquisition.
What you'll do
- All elements of product design and execution including; visual design, interaction design, lo-fi prototyping, and everything in between
- Get a lot done in a short amount of time - we design and build new things every week
- Put yourself in the shoes of our fans, and think about experiences in a brand new way
- Attend regular testing sessions with our fans, and design for everything you learn - often prototyping immediately after
- Communicating design decisions to your core team (product, dev, CEO) as well as the company at large.
Who you are
- 3-5 years mobile design experience, at least 2 of that with consumer-facing stuff
- A strong portfolio - show us what you’ve built, and explain why you made the decisions you did
- Ability to work in Sketch, Figma, Adobe CC
- Someone who can move fast and do it all - from designing wireframes, mapping out complex UX that account for every interaction, to showing ideas with lo-fi prototypes and everything in between
- Experience with games or other habit-forming tech? That’s a big bonus.
- Strong product sense - we’re a small scrappy team, flexibility is key
Please send your resume to the email address attached to the Apply Now button with the subject line "Visual Designer - Your Name -" In your email please include:
- a cover letter
- your portfolio
- 2-3 sentence blurb on your personal design philosophy