(Closed) Talent Acquisition & Development Specialist
**TO APPLY, PLEASE SCROLL DOWN AND REVIEW OUR "HOW TO APPLY" SECTION.**
Overtime is looking for a Talent Acquisition & Development Specialist to join our growing team. The Talent Acquisition & Development Specialist will spearhead our talent acquisition efforts partnering with hiring managers, the Director of Talent and Human Develop, Talent and Human Development Associate, and members of the Operations team. You'll work across the entire Overtime organization with every department. This is a cross-functional, highly collaborative role that will require you to think strategically about sourcing hires, hiring efficiencies, and hiring plans. We’re looking for someone with a track record of successful hires, can-do-it attitude, with strong attention to detail. You won't just focus on hiring, though. You'll get to collaborate with the entire Talent & Human Development team on a range of projects that make Overtime an awesome place to work!
Based in NYC, Overtime is funded by top venture capital firms like Andreessen Horowitz and Spark and by industry leaders like Kevin Durant and NBA Commissioner Emeritus David Stern. Overtime is building the biggest sports network in the world for the next generation of fans. We use tech, new platforms, and new formats to drive a billion video views every month. We publish our short-form content and long-form series across 7 platforms focusing on basketball, football, soccer, and gaming. We own a pro esports team, have a fast-growing apparel business, and basically do everything differently from a standard media company. Overtime is led by seasoned entrepreneurs with deep experience in the intersecting worlds of sports and media, and a strong track record of building successful startups and guiding them through acquisition.
What you’ll do
- Partner with hiring managers to screen and vet incoming applications. Some roles you’ll own completely, others you’ll partner with managers.
- Work with hiring managers to create smart screening projects that focus on key soft and hard skills.
- Collaborate with managers on their hiring plan, making sure we’re not just hiring fast but also smart. You’re someone who can help them build out a hiring order.
- Track candidate referrals and follow up as needed.
- Ensure managers are adhering to hiring guidelines and systems, while keeping a watchful eye out for how to improve these things.
- Help schedule interviews. Be the first point of contact for everyone who comes in for an interview, ensuring an exceptional experience for them.
- Go deep with managers so that you have a thorough understanding of the roles. You’ll help them creatively think about how to staff hard to hire roles.
- Assist with reference calls.
- Carve out new pipelines so that we have a consistent flow of high quality candidates. You’ll help with sourcing, referrals, branding, and recruiting events.
- Be a collaborative partner to the Operations and Talent and Human Development teams to help keep our culture strong. You won’t mind stepping in and helping with projects across the company.
Who You Are:
- 3+ years in a full-cycle recruiting role
- Direct sourcing experience with a demonstrated ability to build a pipeline of qualified candidates for a variety of positions at different levels of the organization
- Tremendous communication skills - you can write in a professional, friendly voice and publicly speak in a clear, succinct manner
- Proactive about finding and presenting solutions even when it involves creative problem-solving
- Impeccable follow through
- Operations-minded. You love building systems to help things run as efficiently as possible.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment. You’re comfortable with shifting priorities.
- HUGE bonus if you have experience recruiting for video production in a wide variety of roles and a range of experience levels from Production Assistants to Supervising Producers
How to Apply:
Send your resume and cover letter to the email address attached to the Apply button with the subject line “ Talent Acquisition & Development Specialist - Your Name (City, State).” In your email, please include:
- Provide an overview of why you’re a great fit and why you want THIS job specifically and not just any job at Overtime
- Explain your greatest skill
- How you heard about this job
- Why you like Overtime
- Describe the hardest role you ever hired for
- Tell us why it was difficult
- Give us the step-by-step outline of how you hired for the role