(Closed) Operations Coordinator, eSports
Based in NYC, Overtime is funded by top venture capital firms like Andreessen Horowitz and Spark and by industry leaders like Kevin Durant and former NBA Commissioner Emeritus David Stern. Overtime is building the biggest sports network in the world for the next generation of fans. We use tech, new platforms, and new formats to drive a billion video views every month. We publish our short-form content and long-form series across 7 platforms focusing on basketball, football, soccer, and gaming. We own a pro esports team, have a fast-growing apparel business, and basically do everything differently from a standard media company. Overtime is led by seasoned entrepreneurs with deep experience in the intersecting worlds of sports and media, and a strong track record of building successful startups and guiding them through acquisition.
What you’ll do:
- Support the head of eSports with the day to day operations of our growing gaming organization
- Manage cross-functional projects in collaboration with central Overtime organization
- Develop best practices for the gaming team integration and communication out to the larger Overtime family
- Improve the way we onboard, manage, and communicate with our pool of talent and freelancers
- Track and manage overall department budget
- Coordinate travel arrangements, ensuring all logistics are considered and planned for with a well-articulated itinerary.
- Identify operational bottlenecks and solve problems by innovating and implementing new processes; ensure operational rhythm and cadence
- Assist with office management tasks, run errands and go above and beyond to recognize ways you can make life at Overtime better for everyone daily
Who you are:
- You have at least 2+ years experience in a fast paced, high growth environment
- Know how to anticipate and address communication and efficiency issues before they become problems
- Master of Google Suite and calendaring functions
- Proactive about finding and presenting solutions
- You are obsessive about organization and refuse to let details slip through the cracks
- Passionate about gaming and its place within culture
- Baseline knowledge of gaming ecosystem, key talent, and industry nuances a major plus
How to apply
Send your resume and cover letter to the email attached to the apply button with the subject line “Operations Coordinator - Your Name (City, State).” In your email, please include:
- Why are you a good fit for this position?
- Do you play video games? What are your favorite games?
- How did you hear about this job?
- Why do you like Overtime?