(Closed) Apparel Graphics Designer
Based in NYC, Overtime is funded by top venture capital firms like Andreessen Horowitz and Spark and by industry leaders like Kevin Durant and former NBA Commissioner Emeritus David Stern. Overtime is building the biggest sports network in the world for the next generation of fans. We use tech, new platforms, and new formats to drive a billion video views every month. We publish our short-form content and long-form series across 7 platforms focusing on basketball, football, soccer, and gaming. We own a pro esports team, have a fast-growing apparel business, and basically do everything differently from a standard media company. Overtime is led by seasoned entrepreneurs with deep experience in the intersecting worlds of sports and media, and a strong track record of building successful startups and guiding them through acquisition.
Overtime is looking for our next Apparel Graphics Designer who will help build products that engage and delight our athletes and our fans. This key position will be responsible for researching trends, ideation of new concepts, and creating compelling garments to meet the brand aesthetic.
The key responsibilities entail designing apparel concepts that meet the categories product brief and seasonal design direction set by the Creative Director and Senior Management Team.
What you’ll do:
- Accurately depict hand-drawn sketches, graphic applications, and ideas as digitally rendered line art, technical drawings, and other required art/illustrations
- Partner with apparel designers to co-create concept boards that communicate seasonal direction and design theme application to product line
- Through graphic application translate fashion, streetwear, and cultural trends to the performance apparel lines.
- Employ multi-dimensional thinking to ideate and discover new perspectives, viewpoints, or approaches
- Use unorthodox or atypical ways of solving problems to conceive innovative, usable concepts/ideas
- Select appropriate methods of communications to accurately convey technical information in informal and formal situations
- Ensure design reflects market needs and product brief requirements
- Gather and apply market research and/or consumer feedback to accurately anticipate and fulfill consumer needs, and identify consumers and trends
Who you are:
- Minimum 3 years of design experience, knowledge of the performance and streetwear industry a plus
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe suite programs and Microsoft Office tools
- Experience with designing and executing all-over prints
- Strong knowledge of screen-printing applications and techniques
- Strong focus, initiative and organization skills
- Experience developing a brand identity
- Ability to coach, grow and develop designers at all levels
- Strong design and conceptual skills as well as a strong sense of style and color
- Thorough knowledge of silhouettes, fabrication, color use, sewing techniques, graphics and trim
How to Apply
Send your resume to the email attached to the apply button with the subject line "Apparel Graphics Designer - Your Name." In your email, please include:
● Why you’re a great fit for this job
● How you heard about this job
● Why you like Overtime
● An example of previous designs you’ve created with visuals