(Closed) Marketing Manager, OWL (Toronto Defiant)
We’re looking for a strategic marketer with proven experience building brands and driving results. The ideal candidate is growth-obsessed, data-oriented, and has learned the discipline of improving brand equity and growing audiences. Reporting to the VP, Global Head of Marketing in the Toronto office this role is critical within the marketing team and the broader organization. The successful candidate will have oversight and responsibility of all marketing related matters related to Toronto Defiant including: planning, development, creative, campaign execution, and budget oversight.
Looking to make history in a new industry? Interested in building brands from the ground up? Thrive in a fast-paced environment? Intrinsically motivated by results? This is your role!
The successful candidate must be based in Toronto or have valid documentation to work in Canada.
We’re looking for:
Self-Starter - The successful candidate will work very closely with the VP, Global Head of Marketing, but will be expected to work autonomously to manage their own and the team’s projects/time appropriately, in order to meet the fast-paced demands of our business.
Team Player - Someone who is ready to hit the ground running with a talented and experienced team of marketing professionals, who has the ability to absorb and apply constructive criticism.
Growth-Oriented Mindset - We’re looking for someone who let’s numbers and data shape strategy, who’s measurement focused, strategic, and innovative while linear in approach to build growth strategies for the organization.
Gaming Interest - Gaming or esports interest and/or being an avid gamer, while not a requirement, is an asset for this role, as it will provide a certain edge when building for the fan base of a particular game.
This successful candidate should have experience working within marketing and understand the requirements for sustained brand growth. More specifically, the candidate will:
- Develop goals, strategies, and implementation plans to execute comprehensive marketing campaigns.
- Work with internal creative team (designers, videographers, editors), external agency creatives, and social media managers to deliver successful campaign results.
- Represent the brand in ensuring all communication (advertising, social media, events etc.) conform to strict brand guidelines and brand identity.
- Key contributor to annual brand planning in addition to supporting ongoing updates required for our senior leadership team and board of directors.
- Measure all efforts to optimize and find efficiencies; post report development on major projects.
- Ongoing experimentation across platforms to reach new audiences at scale.
- Look to maximize brand value through development of ancillary revenue streams and new opportunities.
- Champion brand marketing thought leadership across marketing and content org, through insights, education and sharing your passion for the discipline.
While the successful candidate is not required to be an expert in all of these areas, this list is representative of the types of requests that the successful candidate would receive.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CRITICAL SKILLS
Education and Experience
- University degree or college diploma in a field related to Marketing, Advertising, Business Admin, or equivalent.
- 3+ years direct work experience in marketing or brand management.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to analyze market trends, research, and reports to build concise strategies.
- Experience working within a greater MarComm group - understands how to write a brief, work alongside agency partners, support and/or build planning cycle etc.
- Experience with social advertising, campaigns for various objectives across: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and Twitch.
- Experience managing a budget with confidence and accuracy.
- Ability to visually represent your ideas quickly in professional looking presentations.
- Able to prepare high-level strategies and executive summaries with little help for key stakeholders.
- Organized and detail-oriented with exceptional sense of accountability.
- Resourceful, and versatile capable of getting the job done with whatever tools are available
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Extended Health Care Benefits.
- Competitive vacation package.
(HITMARKER NOTE: You'd be doing us a real solid if you let OverActive know you found their job on our site!)