Locations: Dundee or Remote (UK/EU Only)
We are looking for an experienced manager to own and deliver our games to millions of players worldwide. As an Executive Producer at Outplay, you will apply your expertise, passion, and leadership skills to oversee development from the initial prototype through to a successful global launch, and beyond. As the Product Owner, you will also be responsible for maximising the earnings potential of your titles while also providing the best possible experience to our players.
Areas of delivery
- Drive the commercial operation of the titles within your group, ensuring your teams successfully plan and achieve ambitious, impactful objectives.
- Own the P&L: operate within agreed budgets, justify project investments, and protect the bottom line.
- Contribute to the Leadership Team’s strategic and tactical direction.
- Inspire, motivate and empower your teams; coach and mentor your production reports.
- Audit development processes, ensuring that cost-effective productivity improvements are identified and executed.
- Identify mission-critical threats and conflicts; ensure change is managed effectively.
- Demand a level of quality that consistently meets the Outplay standard.
- Collaborate with product vision holder and key business stakeholders.
- Monitor product performance; coordinate activity across the Development, Product Management, Analytics, and Marketing departments.
- Clearly communicate at all levels of the company and manage partner relationships with energy and diplomacy.
- Negotiate and agree licensing/supplier contracts.
- Monitor and respond to new industry trends, competitor products and technology solutions.
- Seasoned producer, product owner or development manager with significant game development experience, ideally in the free-to-play mobile space.
- Creative approach with good logical and analytical capabilities.
- Stays calm and organised under pressure.
- Entrepreneurial mindset.
- Demonstrable interest in the mobile games industry.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team environment.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills.
- Familiarity with project and product management tools such as JIRA and Amplitude.
- Positive, engaging ‘can do’ attitude and a passion for problem-solving.
- Promotes a positive and productive culture; approaches every challenge with a strong sense of fun!
Founded in 2010 and based in Dundee, Outplay Entertainment is the largest independent mobile developer in the UK.
To date, the studio’s games have received over 160 million downloads, have been featured multiple times as Apple’s Editors’ Choice, won TIGA awards and received a BAFTA nomination.
With a passionate focus on making the best games, our talented and dynamic team has developed several critically acclaimed and award-winning games. Gordon Ramsay’s Chef Blast and Mystery Match Village are the latest titles in the portfolio, continuing to deliver the high-quality visuals, production values and casual yet engaging gameplay that Outplay is known for.
With an exciting pipeline of future titles in development and continued growth on our existing games, Outplay is just getting started.
We also offer the following benefits:
- Private medical and dental care
- 33 days of holiday
- Employee assistance package
- Bonus Scheme
- EMI Share Option Scheme.
- Comprehensive Well-Being Package
We have a flexible hybrid work model at Outplay, prioritising flexibility, inclusion, health and enjoyment. With our work model, our roles can be fulfilled with the flexibility to choose to relocate to work fully onsite in Dundee or in a hybrid mode, either locally or from anywhere in the UK or European work locations.
At Outplay, our mission is to create limitless fun for everyone who plays our games, and we value every individual that helps make that goal a reality. We are committed to remaining an equal opportunities employer and providing a friendly, safe, and welcoming environment for everyone who works here irrespective of age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, physical appearance, body size, and sexual orientation. All our employees are treated with dignity and respect because being part of Outplay is more than just work – it’s a family.