(Closed) Head Overwatch Coach
Position Announcement: Head Overwatch Coach (Esports)
Ottawa University (Ottawa, Kansas - NAIA) seeks candidates, with an immediate opening, for a full-time Head Overwatch Coach. This individual will lead and build a nationally competitive Overwatch team for its fast growing esports program. The head coach will be responsible for leading and organizing all phases of the program that includes recruitment of student-athletes to meet roster goals who are good fits. The head Overwatch coach will also be expected to execute all tasks required in the day-to-day operations of the program to insure the growth, competitiveness and visibility of the program. Candidates must possess an understanding of and a commitment to a holistic approach to higher education that includes faith, academic and athletic excellence. The university places a high priority on rigorous academics, care and diversity inclusion, and campus/student life vibrancy. The head coach will have additional responsibilities on campus as assigned by the University.
Minimum Requirements & Qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree preferred.
- Self-starter, with a willingness to learn and can-do attitude and passion for esports.
- In depth knowledge of Overwatch including the mechanics, fundamentals, strategy, teambuilding and the competitive scene and meta.
- Familiarity and knowledge with other popular collegiate esports titles.
- Demonstrate the skills and aptitude for successfully identifying talent, recruiting and building an elite program.
- Knowledge of managing a production crew in a state-of-the-art esports arena.
- Highly organize, multi-tasker with strong communication skills.
- Philosophically buys into the “immersive esports experience” and the vision.
- Outgoing personal skills and relationship building that will translate into the ability to successfully recruit team orientated students who will help grow the program.
- Significant playing and coaching experience required with 2+ years coaching and 2+ years competitive experience highly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to coach both men and women at the college level.
- Willingness to commit to the NAIA Champions of Character and Code of Conduct and Ethics.
Application requirements include a completed online Application for Employment at www.ottawa.edu\careers . Interested and qualified candidates should attach a resume, letter of interest and the names of three professional references as a part of the submission of the application for employment. Applicants from underrepresented groups strongly encouraged to apply, and review of applications will begin immediately.
Ottawa university is a private, non-profit, Christian University that is dedicated to preparing graduates for lives of significance. As a community that celebrates and prizes the diversity of its students, faculty, staff and Board of Trustees; Ottawa University is committed to equal employment opportunity and does not unlawfully discriminate in recruitment or employment on the basis of race, age, sex, color, religion, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.